U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-26-2013, 01:53 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,649 posts, read 31,388,760 times
Reputation: 26746

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
lol guess realtors do read this mag as i got this link in three e-mails sent by some that have me on mailing lists.

By new I meant NEW not newer. :-)
My GP's office sends me all kinds of crap in e-mail; doesn't mean it's relevant. The other day I got a link telling me about the importance of prostate health (I'm female).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-26-2013, 01:59 PM
 
162 posts, read 242,432 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
My GP's office sends me all kinds of crap in e-mail; doesn't mean it's relevant. The other day I got a link telling me about the importance of prostate health (I'm female).
I found it interesting, you don't have to read every post if its irrelevant to you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:02 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,649 posts, read 31,388,760 times
Reputation: 26746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
I found it interesting, you don't have to read every post if its irrelevant to you.
Almost every post here is irrelevant to me, but I'll be the arbiter of my own reading habits if that's OK with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,828 posts, read 3,409,071 times
Reputation: 1815
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
lol guess realtors do read this mag as i got this link in three e-mails sent by some that have me on mailing lists.

By new I meant NEW not newer. :-)
Well your article is not new either. It looks to be from 2012!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:36 PM
 
162 posts, read 242,432 times
Reputation: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Almost every post here is irrelevant to me, but I'll be the arbiter of my own reading habits if that's OK with you.
Sure, and I'll be arbiter of my own posting habits if that's OK with you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
Well your article is not new either. It looks to be from 2012!
I can't help how it looks to you but it was published in 2013.

Why everyone is so mean today?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 02:58 PM
 
Location: North Texas
23,649 posts, read 31,388,760 times
Reputation: 26746
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
Sure, and I'll be arbiter of my own posting habits if that's OK with you.


Be my guest.

Quote:
Why everyone is so mean today?
In my case, I have a horrible toothache and it's cold outside. And I don't feel well. And I'm horribly busy all week after work and it sucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 04:04 PM
 
Location: Dallas, TX
2,828 posts, read 3,409,071 times
Reputation: 1815
The main reason most of those homes are not "new" (in my opinion) is because the people in those homes are not new. They been around and established for some time now. You need 3 things to make the list. 1 is a large home, easiest to come by. 2 your going to need a little chunk of land, usually easy to come by. 3...and the most important, is having 1 and 2 in an extremely desirable area. Because of that, finding a piece of land to build a new lavish house on in an extremely desirable area is going to be extremely difficult. I wasn't trying to be mean, just giving you a hard time for calling a few years old not new.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 04:10 PM
 
162 posts, read 242,432 times
Reputation: 74
Only thing that made this article interesting was the fact that people who'll buy these houses can afford to build brand new Super McMansions but still they see no harm in buying older homes unlike most posters here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 04:21 PM
 
3,029 posts, read 6,948,788 times
Reputation: 3195
An old drinking buddy of mine made the top 40. If people only knew.......

Personally I like D Magazine. Some of their stuff is pretty good. And the topic is probably the only one of theirs that usually makes this forum on an annual basis as far as I can tell. Plus it's the only magazine we really have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-26-2013, 05:31 PM
 
89 posts, read 112,374 times
Reputation: 46
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
Only thing that made this article interesting was the fact that people who'll buy these houses can afford to build brand new Super McMansions but still they see no harm in buying older homes unlike most posters here.
Irony!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top