U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 06:55 PM

6,099 posts, read 7,611,876 times

Advertisements

Op are you sure this house has not been on the market in the recent past? It looks vaguely familiar to me. I am a serial home shopper and looked at many online when I found the west Plano home I own. Home looks nice, a little dark in tone but paint isnt a big deal.

On the road question, does it bother you or hinder your enjoyment and peace and quiet of this home? Do you plan to hold the home a long time? If so as mentioned make sure you get a good deal on it and enjoy it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 07:46 PM

30,057 posts, read 34,926,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Op are you sure this house has not been on the market in the recent past?
It sold back in 2006 and has not been back on the market since.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,199,592 times
So I saw the house, twice.... it's a very nice house... I can see myself living there. The backyard is killer and the view is far better than the pics show.

My only problem is I feel like it's a little dark and the master bath needs work to fit our style. Not to mention the kitchen/breakfast/family are too dark colored/cabinets.

The upstairs is nicely laid out... probably need to fix up the media a room since there's a niche for an old rear projection 500lb gorilla TVs of last decade.

I'm probably thinking that I need $50K to fix up the house to our tastes... not sure if I want to put an offer in or not...

Thoughts?

I'm beginning to think that the only way to get what we really want is a custom home, it's too difficult to find lighter grey walls, white/light trim but heavy, open concept, nice backyard, nice master suite. Atleast it seems difficult in the Southlake/Colleyville region. But I really don't want to build custom because of the stress..

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 PM

172 posts, read 290,681 times
I say if you buy it then live with it for a while before you decide on what doesn't bother you any more, what is actually better than you expected and what really bugs you. We get carried away when browsing houses but once you live in a home then minor things don't even matter. That backyard is killer indeed.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:41 PM

2,085 posts, read 2,473,262 times
I loved the cabinets, and the balcony overlooking the kitchen! The house has several beautiful fireplaces, and a neat little kitchen in the game room. The house is really close to a lot of restaurants on 26, but that road gets packed! Re-staining cabinets is a huge hassle and probably really expensive. The changes you want to make will not increase the value of the home. If you don't like it, then pass.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:42 AM

9,582 posts, read 19,710,247 times
I agree that it looked a little dark in the photos.

If you don't like it, then keep looking. There's no reason to settle on something that doesn't make you happy.

Old 03-30-2013, 11:06 AM

2,815 posts, read 3,603,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
I agree that it looked a little dark in the photos.

If you don't like it, then keep looking. There's no reason to settle on something that doesn't make you happy.
Times 2. We looked at dozens of houses before offering on ours. You've been reviewing areas in DFW for well over a year, and you've got some very good ideas for what you want, so keep refining that as you look at things. When you find something that resonates with you, you'll know.

Old 03-30-2013, 12:45 PM

1,162 posts, read 751,612 times
OP,
Do you know type of the hardwood floor in Kitchen. We saw home with similar kind of floor and matching cabinets. It felt very rich.
Thanks.

Last edited by ritholtz; 03-30-2013 at 01:56 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or