U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 10:16 PM

284 posts, read 381,355 times

Advertisements

To be fair, I am not familiar with Lakeside, so I cannot speak about the immaturity of the trees and the sterility. We are househunting in W Plano right now and the last time I was there was 12 years ago -- when the trees were seedlings and the entire area looked immature. I therefore say if you plan to live there for a few years the sterility will wear off because trees will grow.

As to the modernity/traditional feel of the house, I respectfully disagree. I think it is a perfect balance of both, and irresistibly appealing for a family of four (my family). I have not seen many such houses in Plano...they seem to be more plentiful in downtown Dallas.

Lots of luck and I hope you will post your findings after visiting the house!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 PM

89 posts, read 111,852 times
This house will pick its buyer itself, probably someone who is as cool as this place. Your standard buyer who is buying for resale can't offer personality to match the house. Luckily, the chosen buyer will get a good deal as well because original listing price was $889 but house has done the negotiations already for the rightful owner. However it seems that house was staged by a stager who tried to use some cheap furniture in some rooms, he/she did a disservice to the seller.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:19 PM

42,237 posts, read 49,783,147 times
I like this post. ^^^^^

Old 03-28-2013, 10:20 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,180,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rice&Curry View Post
This house will pick its buyer itself, probably someone who is as cool as this place. Your standard buyer who is buying for resale can't offer personality to match the house. Luckily, that buyer will get a good deal as well because original listing price was $889 but house has done the negotiations already for the rightful owner.
Maybe I'm that cool owner?

Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM

5,955 posts, read 7,498,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinipig523 View Post
So Lakeside is no good?
Lakeside is good, I am familiar with this area and find the listing over priced by my eye. Its close to $200/sf. Although it is smaller than most Lakeside homes that can be good to be one of the smaller homes on the block. It is significantly updated which should make it more than most homes nearby not so renovated.

You need to come take a look at this area. If I recall you have been more focused on around South Lake. Once you land on an area, if you decide not to build and go resale, Id get a realtor very familiar with the area to help if you havent already. I imagine you know this but have learned never assume.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:39 PM

8,858 posts, read 10,318,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
You should buy what you like. You have to live there.

I have noticed in 24 years of living here that contemporary has a harder time selling...unless the buyer (like yourself) comes along who likes that!
Agreed. I like it but it takes a certain kind of buyer.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:40 PM

172 posts, read 288,903 times
Nice! It is a cool place to call home, with award, story and all. Seems like a valedictorian child that parent can brag about at every social occasion. They did a sexy renovation and $759 is pretty reasonable.

By the way Lakeside is a nice neighborhood and of course I don't even have to mention stellar schools and convenience galore from highways to dining to shopping to activities.

Old 03-28-2013, 10:46 PM

19,637 posts, read 53,511,196 times
It is an architectural gem - not my style but I recognize the excellence of design. It's light and airy, clean lines, but too sterile for my taste. But I am not living there so who cares what I think?

Old 03-28-2013, 11:02 PM

1,256 posts, read 3,180,473 times
I agree... it does appear to be a little sterile...

Somehow it reminds me of something cool in California.

Old 03-29-2013, 06:30 AM

162 posts, read 241,343 times
You can thank their interior decorator for this sterile look. I like the house itself and with total renovation, its a steal. This zip code is expensive. I am looking at homes here and $759k doesn't buy much. I would certainly buy it if was within my budget. It's a unique home,almost new, great area and schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or