U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-09-2013, 05:44 AM

21 posts, read 37,848 times

Advertisements

That is very close to the School but it seems on the renting website very little available on the area mostly all for sale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasmine0 View Post
There is a big Muslim/Arab community in Richardson near Spring Valley Road and Abrams Road. It's an affordable area and there are plenty of rentals. If you go there than probably they can provide more information.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2013, 05:46 AM

which is better in all aspect Dallas or Houston.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Check out Houston, it has a bigger Muslim community.

Old 04-09-2013, 05:49 AM

Thanks, so do you think it is better to come myself first for few months to check where to live then bring my family, actually i would like to come with them then i said let me check on this website i am little confused as i googled a lot with different opinions.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
Allen is very prized by the higher middle class Muslim community , Richardson has a lot of diversed mosques , Plano and the south of Frisco are home to a large Muslim community , especially from Jordany . Halal stores are all over the north suburbs , the choice is yours , you wil be welcomed in any city!

Old 04-09-2013, 05:52 AM

thanks a lot, would like to know what is the advantages you found in Plano compared to other places?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Data is always a good thing. Your initial claim had no data or links so I did a quick search and came up with the data I posted. I havent read the methodologies of the data you provided but agree it isnt a significant difference.

OP welcome to Dallas area! I am newish to the area but know my family and I are very happy living in Plano after decades in another diverse Texas city....Houston. Either is great and will welcome you

Old 04-09-2013, 05:54 AM

Hi, I do prefer the less noisy city then per your post Dallas is the choice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersWon310 View Post
Actually Houston is hands down the best city of Texas...

Mosques-
Dallas: 58
Houston: 70

Adherents-

This is subjective.

Halal restaurants-
Dallas: 164
Houston: 220

Source: Zabihah

Also, Houston is in the top ten capitals for a reason, whereas Dallas is 22. Houston is definitely the place to live if your a Muslim in Texas.

Dallas is also very spread out and does not have the vibe like Houston does. Perhaps Dallas can learn a thing or two from Houston

Old 04-09-2013, 07:23 PM

5,955 posts, read 7,498,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal75 View Post
thanks a lot, would like to know what is the advantages you found in Plano compared to other places?
Plano has great schools and diversity as well as most things I need nearby me. I prefer the DFW area weather to Houston, it is cooler here in winter and lower humidity which makes fall and spring great. Houston and Dallas both have summers that are super hot and neither one wins on that count. I believe Houston's economy is slightly better than Dallas but both are great compared to most cities. Both are very diverse too. Houston is less rule driven than Dallas, it has no zoning for one large example....so fewer rules on property to abide by but some do not like the look of no zoning. I do like the Plano zoning and planned nature it is nice to live in.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-09-2013, 08:12 PM

718 posts, read 1,095,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilal75 View Post
Thanks, so do you think it is better to come myself first for few months to check where to live then bring my family, actually i would like to come with them then i said let me check on this website i am little confused as i googled a lot with different opinions.
IslamAhmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website

Islamic Association of Allen - Home
Contact Us - IANT Youth

You should contact people before you are coming , those are just a few websites available .

Old 04-10-2013, 12:39 PM

Great, thanks appreciate the effort.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Plano has great schools and diversity as well as most things I need nearby me. I prefer the DFW area weather to Houston, it is cooler here in winter and lower humidity which makes fall and spring great. Houston and Dallas both have summers that are super hot and neither one wins on that count. I believe Houston's economy is slightly better than Dallas but both are great compared to most cities. Both are very diverse too. Houston is less rule driven than Dallas, it has no zoning for one large example....so fewer rules on property to abide by but some do not like the look of no zoning. I do like the Plano zoning and planned nature it is nice to live in.

Good luck with your decision.

Old 04-10-2013, 12:40 PM

thanks a contacted IANT will wait for the reply.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Souleiado View Post
IslamAhmadiyya - Ahmadiyya Muslim Community - Al Islam Online - Official Website

Islamic Association of Allen - Home
Contact Us - IANT Youth

You should contact people before you are coming , those are just a few websites available .

Old 05-09-2013, 01:22 AM

1 posts, read 1,480 times
I moved to the DFW area from California around 2 years ago. I considered TX for the same reasons that you are considering as well. I ultimately settled in North Richardson where we rented for 2 years for $1500 per month for a 3 bedroom apartment (2 bedroom will run around $1200 per month). The public schools are free and Plano ISD is great (North Richardson goes to Plano schools). I would highly recommend the kids to attend the public schools as a starting point to get familiar with their surroundings and the new home.. they can always go attend islamic school in an year or so once you know where everything is and where you want to ultimately settle down. I am finally buying a house in Murphy, TX with Plano schools as well. I would highly recommend the Richardson area for a Middle Eastern family as the muslim population there is predominantly from that part of the world and its a great place to live as well.

Not to touch the topic of Houston vs Dallas.. but as I considered both cities when I moved from San Jose, CA.. the main reason I didnt select Houston was the muslim population there is maybe 60% blue collar working class and Dallas had the same number for the white collar muslim families. Additionally Houston gets very humid during summers while Dallas is dry heat and not humid..

Hope this helps.. again I would highly recommend the Richardson, TX area for you some where close to Hwy 75 which is close to the islamic center there as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or