Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2013, 04:48 PM

59 posts, read 180,147 times

Advertisements

I will be working in Mesquite but my girlfriend lives in Lewisville. I am looking for an apartment half way between them. Would it be better to live around 635/75 or in Irving in the Las Colinas area? The commute to work would it be better to take 635 to Mesquite or would it be better to go from Irving through DT to 30 to Mesquite? I am looking for a very nice studio or 1 bedroom and don't want to pay over $850 if possible Can anyone help me?????? I am not familiar with Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2013, 06:20 PM

11,818 posts, read 26,657,615 times
Basically, all of Dallas County is between Lewisville and Mesquite!

Neither of those routes are good. Going through downtown Dallas has awful traffic and is longer. 635 is currently being reconstructed from I35E to the High Five, and is a horrible mess. Unfortunately, the other routes are surface streets with stop lights, school zones, and low speed limits.

You might look at living in The Village off 75 and Northwest Highway. It's a fairly easy drive down Northwest Highway to Mesquite for your work, and you can take Northwest Highway to I35E to Lewisville.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:22 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,600,567 times
The Village is a good suggestion!
Richardson would work, too.

Old 06-06-2013, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristieP View Post
Basically, all of Dallas County is between Lewisville and Mesquite!

Neither of those routes are good. Going through downtown Dallas has awful traffic and is longer. 635 is currently being reconstructed from I35E to the High Five, and is a horrible mess. Unfortunately, the other routes are surface streets with stop lights, school zones, and low speed limits.

You might look at living in The Village off 75 and Northwest Highway. It's a fairly easy drive down Northwest Highway to Mesquite for your work, and you can take Northwest Highway to I35E to Lewisville.
you know of any good Apartment complexes in this area?

Old 06-06-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwayzRight View Post
you know of any good Apartment complexes in this area?
The Village is a group of apartment complexes.
http://www.thevillageapts.com/

Old 06-07-2013, 01:36 PM

Well Lewisville to 75 on Northwest HWY is NOT a good route. There is like 20 stoplights. Any other suggestions???????????

Old 06-07-2013, 02:25 PM

3,971 posts, read 4,986,742 times
I'm confused...is your girlfriend going to live with you? Does she work in Lewisville?

I ask because if you're working in Mesquite, LIVE in Mesquite. When you want to see your gf, presumably when you're not at work, you can hit 635, to 35 to Lewisville. I live in Mesquite...there are lots of good and lots of mediocre apartments. I live in a 2br for $823/mo. It's older but the staff is excellent. The neighbors are a bit hit and miss but not too bad.

Like others have pointed out, traffic is terrible pretty much everywhere, pretty much most of the time. If you're not happy with the selection in Mesquite, you could do Uptown area. Much more expensive but a whole lot nicer. The drive east on 30 to Mesquite in the morning wouldn't be too bad. However, when I'm driving home, the other side back into Dallas is horrible. Don't ask why...it's madness.

If you want to "stop by" your gf's place after work, you'll still have a drive no matter where you live...unless it's Lewisville so I stand by my advice of living where you work.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:45 PM

645 posts, read 829,174 times
Wow, the two places cant be any further apart from what it is. I would say some parts of Garland also would be all. Not all though. Especially the Garland areas at the edge of Richardson. Richardson is also good.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:03 PM

6,952 posts, read 22,600,567 times
Parkside at Firewheel are nice apts; might be out of your range. But the Firewheel area of Garland should be about a half hour drive to each work & GF. Very nice area. However, you will drive on the Bush tollroads so that will add expense.
Seven Oaks Apartments are also right there.

Old 06-07-2013, 06:37 PM

PGBT is NOT a good commute to Mesquite. It ends at I30 and Zion, which dumps you off into the middle of inbound I30 traffic. You can either zig zag around on back roads through Sunnyvale (not recommended) or sit in the traffic to get into Mesquite. Neither one is a good option.

Yes, Northwest Highway has stop lights. But your alternative is 635, which is a huge mess of construction right now. Personally, I will take stop lights over that any day!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas