U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-15-2013, 06:01 PM

5,982 posts, read 7,545,073 times

Advertisements

Very pretty home, I think the Nebraska Furniture Mart mega mixed use development is going to impact residential values near them. I believe the railroad tracks separate this residential development from the commercial space. This specific home is further from the NFM than those sections north and NW of this home.

Feel free to disagree or clarify as you see fit especially those more familiar with this area than I.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2013, 06:20 PM

11 posts, read 19,705 times
If I were not focused on PISD, I would buy it for sure. It's a beautiful house and that area is really nice. Houses like this in PISD would cost me a million and probably 5 million in HPISD. People who are looking into Frisco and beyond should make a detour.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:42 PM

47 posts, read 62,155 times
Toll Brothers are finishing up another phase of Kings Ridge named as Kings Lake in that area. It has patio homes in 400k- 470k range. You can check if its PISD or not.

I know for sure that Cypress Creek, Cypress Point, Oak Brook and Red Wolf are PISD. Shoal Creek and Hills of Prestonwoods are mixed so use PISD's school finder link, you can type in the address and confirm if its PISD or not.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:52 PM

28 posts, read 54,744 times
Kings Lake is LISD. A friend was told by Toll Brother rep that its PISD but he used school finder and found out that its not.

Old 04-15-2013, 06:58 PM

47 posts, read 62,155 times
Similar thing happened to my physiotherapist, his realtor told him that Deerfield North is PISD though its not. Rest of the Deerfield is PISD but north is Frisco ISD.

Old 04-08-2014, 05:20 PM

1 posts, read 814 times
I have been looking at this neighborhood too... Many of these houses have been sitting unsold for months and months..some for a year. And the ones that have sold in the past year sold for much lower than what the prices are right now. The neighborhood has a diversified group of builders in that one streets comps are very different than maybe the street right behind it. I used Zillow to look up previous sales and the prices are alot lower than asking. I drove through the neighborhood and many of these houses either sit on the train tracks (or close by) or will have a wonderful view of the big parking lot of the Nebraska Furniture store. I love the neighborhood, but I am scared to buy in it.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:41 AM

81 posts, read 175,389 times
Wow lots of disdain for LISD. A motivated child with engaged parents will thrive as well at Hebron High (LISD) as they would at Plano West.

Old 04-09-2014, 08:49 AM

30,032 posts, read 34,736,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizcats13 View Post
Wow lots of disdain for LISD. A motivated child with engaged parents will thrive as well at Hebron High (LISD) as they would at Plano West.
Hebron HS is a very good school.

Lot of wealthy white collar families feed into that school.

Old 04-11-2014, 12:44 AM

6,934 posts, read 9,636,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arizcats13 View Post
I will second this (or third) with a hearty amen. Hebron HS and its feeders are nothing to sneeze at. The world does not begin and end with PISD.

Old 04-11-2014, 08:58 AM

106 posts, read 166,643 times
Hebron is a good school, not comparable to top tier schools like HP High, PWSH or Magnet schools but certainly better or comparable to schools in Frisco, Mckinney, Allen etc. prices are higher for homes feeding to PISD schools on next street.

You can pick stellar schools with mediocre homes or stellar homes with mediocre schools for same budget, whichever is your preference.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas