Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2013, 11:02 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times

Advertisements

Grapevine schools are MUCH better than HEB ISD. Also look at the north part of Euless which has GCISD schools.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2013, 11:06 AM

276 posts, read 528,694 times
Unfortunately, $250k is a very popular price range and finding homes with good location and good schools becomes really difficult. I hope things work out for you, learn to ignore ugly paint and old carpet type easily fixable issues to improve your chances.

Old 04-22-2013, 12:04 PM

692 posts, read 855,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
It is one of the best loactions in DFW for people trying to get downtown. You might try Bedford, north of Hwy 183.
Don't. That's one of the worst commutes in the Metroplex, morning AND afternoon.
I'm an Irving boy, which by Coppell standards translates as "poor people," but there are parts of Irving along 635 which might suit you. Or you could be adventurous and try to get into a smaller foreclosed house for a ton less money but probable first-year refurb costs. There aren't a *lot* of them and the neighborhoods they're in would likely be too downscale for you, but they're around.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:33 PM

4,207 posts, read 15,257,217 times
It's competitive in the nicest places of the Metroplex not just Coppell. Multiple offers and over list price. I've sold the last 2 homes to people that put in offers on the homes without seeing them. We always have the option period to fall back on.

How are you finding the listings? Realtor.com is the most reliable out there where listings appear within 15 minutes after being entered in the MLS. However, your Realtor will get notified even faster if they have a search set up for you. It's instantaneous.

I listed a home in Coppell recently and entered it in the MLS at around 230am... by 1130 am I had 6 offers and 3 over list price.

Good luck,

Naima

Old 04-22-2013, 05:47 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
It's competitive everywhere. My sister rented a moving van to move some of the stuff into storage after spring cleaning, 2 neighbors and one realtor called to say that they can bring buyers who are interested in the neighborhood. She lives near Parr Library in Plano.

Old 04-22-2013, 05:48 PM

390 posts, read 715,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycrow View Post
Don't. That's one of the worst commutes in the Metroplex, morning AND afternoon.
And it's going to get much worse with the upcoming reconstruction of 183.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:28 AM

31 posts, read 47,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by happycrow View Post
I'm an Irving boy, which by Coppell standards translates as "poor people," but there are parts of Irving along 635 which might suit you. Or you could be adventurous and try to get into a smaller foreclosed house for a ton less money but probable first-year refurb costs. There aren't a *lot* of them and the neighborhoods they're in would likely be too downscale for you, but they're around.
You are right, 183 is one of the worst commute in DFW, no way I can live in HEB.

Old 04-23-2013, 11:38 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torito View Post
You are right, 183 is one of the worst commute in DFW, no way I can live in HEB.
So where you gonna go if you can't get into Coppell ? I-35 is about to start a major redo, 635 is a disaster. I guess you can head up to Frisco and commute for an hour and pay $20 a day in tolls ?

Old 04-23-2013, 11:40 AM

3,835 posts, read 4,443,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Torito View Post
Thanks everybody for your responses.
I like also Grapevine and Flower Mound but I heard that Coppell ISD is one of the best.
I work in Dallas downtown so I need to get a location close to the 35 or 114.

Yeah OP, as the others have said, $250K for Coppell is virtually impossible. Not going to happen. Ditto for Valley Ranch. And really, I think you will struggle in Flower Mound too. Since you work downtown have you considered the eastern part of the metroplex? Rockwall and Forney come to mind as very good alternatives if you work downtown, and $250K will offer you far more options in those areas compared to Coppell. Now school wise, Rockwall isnt in the same league as Coppell, but it's not ghetto either. Very nice, safe neighborhoods, lots of affluence too. They dont get the same publicity as the Coppells and Flower Mounds of the world, but they are pretty good options to consider.

Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,683,015 times
At that price range, it is definitely tough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas