Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2013, 07:36 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,749 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyeoverdallas View Post
Wow!
Sorry, didn't mean to offend you. I have a lot of friends that are teachers and a principal in the DISD, several in Richardson and Plano and one friend who taught in Dallas and now does private. So its not like I just watch the news to get my info. I get my information from the people that are in the education system. I was even part of a committee that helps troubled DISD schools.
There are three high schools from DFW in the top 25 public high schools in the US. They are all in DISD. Get your facts straight. DISD is huge so if you pick the right location, you may be more than OK.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2013, 07:45 PM

212 posts, read 409,982 times
Curious if those three (all magnets, no?), accept the neighborhood kids or do the kids have to apply and be accepted? If so, how competitive? The perception that the neighborhood high school in a the "usual susupect" suburban school districts is likely to be a higher quality experience than the neighborhood HS in DISD has some foundation in reality.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:57 PM

953 posts, read 1,830,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMalone View Post
Curious if those three (all magnets, no?), accept the neighborhood kids or do the kids have to apply and be accepted? If so, how competitive? The perception that the neighborhood high school in a the "usual susupect" suburban school districts is likely to be a higher quality experience than the neighborhood HS in DISD has some foundation in reality.
This is why I said if you pick your location, you will be more than OK. Only students attending DISD can apply to those schools. I don't think "White" is any worse than quite a few in suburbia.

Anyways, I did not want to digress from the original topic.

Old 04-26-2013, 07:30 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,281,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMalone View Post
I'd bet my paycheck that 2/3 are the TAG and SEM magnets. Even if you're in DISD, good luck getting into either one. There are far more qualified applicants than there are available seats.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas