Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 02:13 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times

Advertisements

Please update us once they make a decision. By the way if Mrs. Buyer is about to have a baby and leave job or start telecommuting then why are we focused on Richardson? Where does Mr. Buyer works and if he wants to keep working there or is there some other place he has in mind? That's the commute which would matter in the long run.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-05-2013, 03:06 PM

84 posts, read 166,956 times
I was trying not to mention genders which is why I was saying Buyer and spouse but sure lets call them Mr. and Mrs. Buyer.

I did not go see the Frisco house with them because for one I am very busy normally and secondly, I didnt want to interfere in the decision process. It is true that Mrs. Buyer agreed to the house that Mr. Buyers parent liked, but I dont think it was the main reason she agreed to that house. Because Mr. Buyer's parent also fell in love with another house but Mrs. Buyer refused that house despite Mr. Buyer liking it as well. I myself prefer not to get involved in saying which house I like, I'd rather just say which cities I like if asked.

Sure I will try to update once they do make a decision, which should be in the next month or so hopefully. I mentioned the focus on Richardson because it will be convenient for Mrs. Buyer. Because Mrs. Buyer currently prefers not to telecommute and I have no idea when they plan to have children or when she will decide to quit her job. She has only mentioned it in passing. Mr. Buyer doesnt work in Texas currently, and he has to wait on some things to be cleared first, which is going to take months. Only then will he find out where he can get work. Considering his job, he can work in many different cities, but the issue will be pay. Some cities offer more than others.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:25 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,716 times
So based on Mrs. Buyer's job in Richardson,prospect that Mr. Buyer would be at advantage if house is closer to Dallas to have more options in & around Dallas, and the fact that Mrs. Buyer's family lives in Frisco ... we have West Plano as the logical answer but it ends on a vowel so something gotta give.

Mrs. buyer already rejected Dallas, Richardson, Plano and Frisco, Irving/South lake/Colleyville/FM & vicinity isn't convenient for either of them, HP or UP wouldn't get her dream house in their price range so Preston Hollow is the obvious answer. They don't need to worry about schools for at least 6-7 years, by the time they'll be moving anyways.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:32 PM

681 posts, read 1,672,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianGal View Post
I was trying not to mention genders which is why I was saying Buyer and spouse but sure lets call them Mr. and Mrs. Buyer.

I did not go see the Frisco house with them because for one I am very busy normally and secondly, I didnt want to interfere in the decision process. It is true that Mrs. Buyer agreed to the house that Mr. Buyers parent liked, but I dont think it was the main reason she agreed to that house. Because Mr. Buyer's parent also fell in love with another house but Mrs. Buyer refused that house despite Mr. Buyer liking it as well. I myself prefer not to get involved in saying which house I like, I'd rather just say which cities I like if asked.

Sure I will try to update once they do make a decision, which should be in the next month or so hopefully. I mentioned the focus on Richardson because it will be convenient for Mrs. Buyer. Because Mrs. Buyer currently prefers not to telecommute and I have no idea when they plan to have children or when she will decide to quit her job. She has only mentioned it in passing. Mr. Buyer doesnt work in Texas currently, and he has to wait on some things to be cleared first, which is going to take months. Only then will he find out where he can get work. Considering his job, he can work in many different cities, but the issue will be pay. Some cities offer more than others.

So from what I think I gather after reading thru the entire 5-7 pages of this kinda confusing thread is that Mr. and Mrs. don't even live or work in Texas yet and have no concrete time frame on whether or not they'll be moving. In a sense they are just doing their research thru you and are floating ideas around but have not yet committed to any particular area to purchase a home? correct me if I am wrong...

Old 05-05-2013, 03:40 PM

120 posts, read 221,322 times
There are great towns all around the world but no point in exploring whole planet. They have Richardson(Spouse's Job) and Frisco(Spouse's Family) as two places they need to be close to and probably Dallas(Mr.Buyer's future job prospects). Ideally their search should be in or around these towns.

Old 05-05-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
So based on Mrs. Buyer's job in Richardson,prospect that Mr. Buyer would be at advantage if house is closer to Dallas to have more options in & around Dallas, and the fact that Mrs. Buyer's family lives in Frisco ... we have West Plano as the logical answer but it ends on a vowel so something gotta give.

Mrs. buyer already rejected Dallas, Richardson, Plano and Frisco, Irving/South lake/Colleyville, FM & vicinity isn't convenient for either of them, HP or UP wouldn't get her dream house in their price range so Preston Hollow is the obvious answer. They don't need to worry about schools for at least 6-7 years, by the time they'll be moving anyways.
Mrs. Buyer prefers Frisco. She recently told Mr. Buyer about Coppell. But Coppell also uses 635 to get to Richardson. Albeit a shorter drive than places like Southlake.

I really have no idea where they will buy a house, but it will be interesting to see where they decide on. I agree that West Plano is the most convenient location due to the Richardson commute.

Mr. Chad, Mrs. Buyer works in Richardson currently. It's Mr. Buyer that does not work in Texas currently.

Funtastic, except that Mrs. Buyer does not prefer to live in Dallas or Richardson.

Last edited by AsianGal; 05-05-2013 at 03:54 PM..

Old 05-05-2013, 03:55 PM

120 posts, read 221,322 times
Coppell is a good location but houses aren't cheap and dining/shopping/activity options very limited. In today's market with low inventory of Coppell, there is only 0.0001 % chance that she would find what she is looking for. Coppell isn't really a big hub of million dollar homes. It is predominantly a middle/lower middle class town.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:09 PM

170 posts, read 374,034 times
Homes on 5101 Runnin River & 3100 Kennison Court are worth visiting.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:43 PM

2,885 posts, read 4,646,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AsianGal View Post

Between this and all the other posts, all I can say is that I pity the realtor that will have to deal with this couple. Wife works in Richardson but doesn't have to but does for now but will stop at some time but doesn't want to live in Richardson or Dallas as she "doesn't like them", regardless of any areas within said cities that might be really nice. Husband doesn't currently work in Texas, but they (both?) currently live in Frisco(??). Parents of one spouse appear to have strong opinions on houses as well. They liked Southlake but didn't like the "narrow roads" (When I think Southlake I don't think "narrow roads", but yes, some of the roads can be narrow in places. That said, how often will be one be driving on the 2 lane part of, say, White Chapel, and heck that'll get widened to 4 lanes in the future as Carillon is developed and traffic demands increase. In terms of general ambience much of Southlake and Colleyville are far different from Frisco and the nicer parts of Colleyville also have many "narrow roads", because hey, people that live in big ol' houses generally don't like a lot of traffic.

Mr. and Mrs. Buyer seem to have some conflicting desires (it's as if someone said "I want an authentic house from the early 1900's, but with a media room and large closets!") Something's gotta give. It sounds like buyers want ALL of what they want and are dismissing anything that doesn't hit all the criteria. Welcome to real life, NO place is "perfect" in every way.

It's great that you're trying to help them, and I wish you luck. You'll need it. You have far more patience than I.

Old 05-05-2013, 04:52 PM

Fun, I agree that the couple will have limited choices in Coppell.

Sushi thank you for the listings.

synchronicity, I am now trying to stay out of it as I feel my part is done. I sincerely wish them luck as well. The realtor has put his foot down in the past regarding not showing certain homes because he feels he has a good idea of what both are looking for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: