Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 09:18 AM

22 posts, read 59,868 times

Advertisements

My dh has been offered a job, office in Irving. I have one dd who's a gymnast and will end up in Plano, Frisco or Coppell. The other dd is a sophomore in high school and really needs a good visual arts program. Questions are:

1.) Is Plano our best option as far as evening out everyone's commute?
2.) Other than the Dallas Arts Magnet, are there any other academically sound schools with a visual arts program? I called the Arts Magnet, and they rarely take juniors - only took 4 last year, so that's not looking so good.
3.) House - we only want to pay around 160K - the gymnastics takes all of our money. Just want somewhere safe and clean.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 10:36 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,839,259 times
Plano to Irving would be horrible commute for your husband
Check out the HEB area especially check out the girls's gymnastics program history at L D Bell High School in HEB ISD (hurst and bedford areas)--

Debbie Williams who is retired teacher but still the gymnastics coach for the Bell's girls' team the last I heard--has an incredible history of taking her teams to state---she is also a good coach with values that most parents want in a coach...she was coach of the year last year and I don't know how many other times---

the HEB area has reasonable housing in safe areas and I think your younger daughter would like the arts program at Bell as well--J Couch is one of the art teachers--the other is new (don't know her)
this link is to the first ones on Google I found doing a search

WFAA.com | Sports: High Schools: Other Sports (http://www.wfaa.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/allarea/2007girlsgymnastics.html - broken link)

2005 All-Area Girls Gymnastics | Dallas Morning News | News for Dallas, Texas | SportsDay: High Schools: Other Sports (http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/spt/highschools/othersports/stories/061905dnspoaagirlsgyms.1be1ccd2.html - broken link)

Bell has a long history of top rated gymnastics teams both boys and girls but girls has more continuous history of success...

PLEASE check this out...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas