Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-22-2013, 08:39 PM

5,680 posts, read 11,545,659 times

Advertisements

Pay as you go is the ONLY sustainable way forward, IMHO. It may also have the (desirable?) side effect of increasing interest in/ use of mass transit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2013, 09:58 PM

770 posts, read 1,797,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
Pay as you go is the ONLY sustainable way forward, IMHO. It may also have the (desirable?) side effect of increasing interest in/ use of mass transit.
I respectfully disagree. The whole "pay as you go" doesn't work in today's society because with the higher prices in gas, the continued existence of gas tax, and tolls on top of that, many people have their budgets eaten up by these toll routes. I know because I used the toll roads my first 8 months in N. Dallas to get to school.

The tolls are not worth the money (of course, unless you are rich, which I am not as a college student) and I have (along with many others in this state) lobbied that the GOP government in charge of this state change it's policies regarding toll roads.

However, if the current state government doesn't change anything, I have full faith that the majority of the current right wing extremist toll road happy legislators (including Perry) will be out of office by the end of next year.

Texas' public highways should NEVER be sold off to greedy private interest and new freeways should never be financed by for-profit toll companies who never intend on taking away the tolls. The simple fact is that TXDOT and the state legislature need to manage the state highway funding a HUNDRED TIMES better than what they currently are and stop diverting funds away from transportation.

If a new freeway is necessary in any metro area in Texas, then the freeway should be built as funds become available. ********** "toll forever" policy. Thank god politicians like Perry and Ted Cruz can't stay in office forever.

Old 12-01-2013, 09:46 PM

1 posts, read 763 times
I was visiting Houston Texas last month and traveled on there feeder roads that runs along side of the toll routes. A traffic study should be conducted for North Texas to eliminate bad traffic. Installed feeder roads!

Email: [email]robert.eaglin@yahoo.com[/email]
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas