U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-20-2013, 08:13 AM

206 posts, read 922,644 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

Hearing so much about Little Elm on the move. I wanted to know if anyone can tell me anything about diversity here . I am African American and just wanted to know honestly ( I am in no shape or form prejudice) if there is a lot of diversity in Denton County in this area.

Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2013, 08:42 AM

19,813 posts, read 55,753,584 times
Little Elm has 2 sides to it: the older, original part and the newer master-planned communities clustered just west of FM 423. The new communities are fairly well mixed, both my son and I live there. The area is served by 2 school districts, Little Elm ISD and Frisco ISD. Frisco ISD is way ahead of Little Elm ISD. You want to carefully pick the Frisco ISD part if you have kids.

My grandkids go to Robertson Elem (Frisco) and I recently went to the 3rd grade award ceremony. Out of curiosity, I counted the kids as they came in. Out of about 160 kids (6 classes of 25-30 each) I saw about 50 minorities: African Americans, Asian Americans, Latino Americans, what my Asian American grandkids call "brown skins." My son, who is Caucasian with a Filipina wife, has AA families on both sides of his house and several more down the street. I don't know the kids where I live but I see a group of 3-4 playing all the time and one is AA.

The older section seems to be lower income and I know nothing about that part of town, it's about 5 miles from where I live.

Honestly, it doesn't seem to be a problem where we live. I see a healthy mix of people when I go shopping or out to eat.

Old 06-20-2013, 12:02 PM

206 posts, read 922,644 times
OMG Ms. SouthernBelleInUtah,

thanks for responding and that sounds like how it is where I am now .

Old 06-20-2013, 12:44 PM

19,813 posts, read 55,753,584 times
I also don't know anything about Denton Co. as a whole. My daughter-in-law has plenty of Filipina friends who live in Savannah and other areas around and they seem to like it.

Old 06-21-2013, 09:05 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,940,086 times
The DFW area, particularly the northern suburbs, are the third most diverse area other than San Fran or NYC. Even the middle class towns like Garland or Mesquite or Carrollton have lots of mixed married couples.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas