U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 AM
 
Location: Frisco, Tx
433 posts, read 1,353,462 times
Reputation: 242

Advertisements

If you live in Frisco you know how to get around the traffic. Of course I don't live in one of the newer developments, that may not be the case in the northern part of the city. Been stuck in a bad traffic jam going/coming to Frisco on DNT maybe 10 times in 3 years, plan your commute well, know the side streets when DNT is jammed you can still make your way around unless there is a major accident.

That being said, I love the mayor, voted for him in last election....not sure I like the deal. Of course we get a domed stadium for our high schools who attract the worst crowd numbers in DFW to their football games. I understand making the city more visible for corporate relocations, perhaps that will work better in Frisco than it did for Arlington.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 08-15-2013, 01:21 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,289 posts, read 26,148,530 times
Reputation: 9070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Coming Back View Post
To quibble, Glendale IS in Arizona and Foxborough IS in New England. Also the Redskins are flirting with moving back into DC and the Bills will probably be in Toronto soon enough. Then considering how few large parcels there are in NYC and Miami that makes the Cowboys and 49ers major outliers.
This won't happen. They have to go through Maryland to do this. They won't be going back to DC in years and there's simply not enough room to build a football stadium the likes of a Jerryworld or Invesco field with parking in DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 01:27 PM
 
743 posts, read 1,071,142 times
Reputation: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
This won't happen. They have to go through Maryland to do this. They won't be going back to DC in years and there's simply not enough room to build a football stadium the likes of a Jerryworld or Invesco field with parking in DC.
Wouldn't be the first 30 year lease to be broken in the world. The DC government has already identified a site:

D.C. hopes to lure Redskins back - Washington Post

Redskins stadium in District remains a city dream - D.C. Wire - The Washington Post
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 01:38 PM
 
Location: Washington D.C. By way of Texas
18,289 posts, read 26,148,530 times
Reputation: 9070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Coming Back View Post
Wouldn't be the first 30 year lease to be broken in the world. The DC government has already identified a site:

D.C. hopes to lure Redskins back - Washington Post

Redskins stadium in District remains a city dream - D.C. Wire - The Washington Post
That first link was about a practice facility. They announced earlier this year that they are expanding their HQ's in Ashburn and they will be there for years to come and most of the players live out there in Loundon County.


The site they are discussing is the the Former RFK site or near the RFK site. Great site if you are building a stadium back in 1973. Not 2013. If he wants a big stadium like the Meadowlands and AT&T Stadium, he's going to have to do it in VA or MD. A new stadium in DC will cost over a billion dollars and I don't think DC taxpayers are going to happy about that. What's really going to happen to the RFK site is what's happening all over DC and that it's going to be an area with high priced condos and retail if they ever tear that down.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 01:43 PM
 
743 posts, read 1,071,142 times
Reputation: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
That first link was about a practice facility. They announced earlier this year that they are expanding their HQ's in Ashburn and they will be there for years to come and most of the players live out there in Loundon County.


The site they are discussing is the the Former RFK site or near the RFK site. Great site if you are building a stadium back in 1973. Not 2013. If he wants a big stadium like the Meadowlands and AT&T Stadium, he's going to have to do it in VA or MD. A new stadium in DC will cost over a billion dollars and I don't think DC taxpayers are going to happy about that. What's really going to happen to the RFK site is what's happening all over DC and that it's going to be an area with high priced condos and retail if they ever tear that down.
The Cowboys Stadium overall site is 140 acres, the RFK site is 170 acres. Also, this whole thread is about a practice facility. That's why both links were relevant. And I said "flirting", I didn't say it was going to happen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 04:48 PM
 
1,183 posts, read 2,026,607 times
Reputation: 662
The traffic in the Frisco/Prosper/Mc Kinney area is not bad at all.I think Prosper and Mc Kinney have done a fantastic job at keeping up with road expansion and actually getting roads ready for development as soon as said development is on the board.

I think Frisco has done a fantastic job as well.A few years ago I remember there being a bit of congestion in Frisco,but it seems like the roads have finally caught up.

I predict that development will pick up even more after the cowboys announcement.I think the biggest plus for the Frisco area will be even faster quality dvelopment than before.The announcement brings national attention to an area that is already sought after.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-15-2013, 05:18 PM
 
743 posts, read 1,071,142 times
Reputation: 709
Quote:
Originally Posted by CREW747 View Post
The announcement brings national attention to an area that is already sought after.
No it won't. Who knows where practice facilities are? Yeah, 'Valley Ranch' is really on the lips of the whole nation right now
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-17-2013, 09:46 AM
 
2,206 posts, read 3,826,766 times
Reputation: 2073
Just wanted to add that sooner or later McKinney Airport will be the next one to have regular jet passenger service.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top