U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2008, 02:42 PM

152 posts, read 461,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar08 View Post
Dallas is one of the most segregated cities I have been to its either mostly black, white or Hispanic. That is just a fact for the most part. There are exceptions but I did some hurricane disaster inspections in Florida a while back and it was a lot different there then here in the metroplex. I have lived here most of my life and just thought it was that way every where but was amazed how it wasn't in Florida and I worked several different cities. Orlando, Tampa and Daytona beach among others. its a lot different there.

You can tell the bad parts of town here when you go to a gas station and use a credit card you have to put in your zip code first and if you pay in cash the person taking your money is setting behind bullet proof glass. That is a pretty good sign you in a bad part of town. Its not that way on the good sides of town. Seems like discrimination to me.
It seems like discrimination because they want to sit behind bullet proof glass in a high crime area that is prone to robberies? They don't have that on the "good" side of town because they are not as prone to get robbed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2008, 11:39 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,117,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kimberly View Post
I-30 is an Interstate Highway....please be more specific as to where on I-30 you are talking about!
by Harry Hines , it getting better. The Asians in the are are really bring change. There is a Korean town by there

Old 01-08-2008, 08:44 AM

4 posts, read 20,025 times
WHAT PART OF HARRY HINES BECAUSE OFF HARRY HINES AND RECORD CROSSING IS A WAR ZONE. THATS THAT ARLINGTON PARK AREA . AND I WAS AT THIS STORE CALLED SCOTTIES GROCERY AND WE HEARD ALOT OF GUN SHOTS SO I LEFT AS I WENT DOWN THE STREET I SEEN CARS SCURVING ALL IN THE STREET LIKE THEY WERE TRYING TO LEAVE. I GO BACK A FEW WEEKS LATER AND I ASK SOMEBODY FROM THERE WHAT HAPPENED SAID THAT THE ARLINGTON PARK BLOODS AND THE WEBB CHAPEL CRIPS HAD A BIG SHOOTOUT AND IT SOUNDED LIKE A FIREWORKS SHOW IN THE PART OF THAT AREA THEY WHERE IN ITS CRAZY OVER THERE IM TELLING YOU THATS WHY THE CRIME RATE IS SO HIGH IN NORTHWEST DALLAS THOSE GANGBANGERS ARE OVER THERE SELLING DRUGS AND SHOOTING PEOPLE THERE. IS NO WAY THAT SECTION OF HARRY HINES IS GOING TO IMPROVE NO WAY. ITS BEEN LIKE THAT THEY SAY FOR ABOUT 35 YEARS I HAVE FRIENDS THAT USED TO GO OVER THERE WHEN THEY HAD A POOL HALL OVER THERE AND HE SAID IT WAS LIKE THAT BACK IN 80's EARLY 90's WHEN HE WAS OVER THERE BUT WITOUT ALL THE BLOODS BUT SOMETHINGS JUST NEVER CHANGE

Old 01-08-2008, 11:50 AM

1,441 posts, read 2,186,226 times
Fools are igorant, its bad because people dont know how raise their kids and kids think they have to live this thug life, stop letting the streets control our kids. A lot of faking going on in Dallas. It use to be a good place to stay now folks lose there minds.

Old 01-08-2008, 12:16 PM

34 posts, read 68,793 times
Cool Relocating

Quote:
Originally Posted by txstate View Post
Fools are igorant, its bad because people dont know how raise their kids and kids think they have to live this thug life, stop letting the streets control our kids. A lot of faking going on in Dallas. It use to be a good place to stay now folks lose there minds.
Okay, can someone tell me where are the safest places to live and buy a home in the Big D?

Old 01-08-2008, 03:18 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,117,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfull3 View Post
Okay, can someone tell me where are the safest places to live and buy a home in the Big D?
Dallas, city proper, in not too safe. The city has a higher crime rate the Los Angeles (which has actually gotten a lot better so its not as bad as it sounds) Central and North Dallas are some nicer areas.
Coppell is safe
North Irving is safe (Valley Ranch and Las Colinas)
Plano is safe
Richardson is safe
the suburbs in general are safe... I would pick an area, then check up on the forums... That is the best way, its hard to go into detail about the whole area.
Harry Hines probably will (and already is)getting better. The Asian district is there and the number of Koreans is sky rocketing, along with Chinese, Vietnamese, and Indians.
The enclave is big, and is expanding. This will generate money... Although most Koreans do not reside in the district.
What you question should be what are the dangerous parts, which this thread is hopefully helping you with.
Stay away from:
East Dallas
Northwest Dallas
South Dallas
Oak Cliff
Pleasant Grove

Old 01-08-2008, 08:08 PM

2,785 posts, read 4,041,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMDallas View Post
Dallas, city proper, in not too safe. The city has a higher crime rate the Los Angeles (which has actually gotten a lot better so its not as bad as it sounds) Central and North Dallas are some nicer areas.
In L.A. before we moved to Dallas, I lived equidistant between the city of Beverly Hills and a neighborhood which featured a drive by shooting and a shooting in the parking lot of L.A. Fitness 10 minutes before we walked out of the gym to go to our car (zip code 90035). It only illustrates the silliness of the FBI crime stats that people love to use to compare cities.

I live in North Dallas and it is overall very safe in my area and no feeling like you get in the city of L.A. that if you only go a few blocks over you enter the abyss. As anywhere you might move, do speak directly to the police department or precinct which handles the area you are thinking of moving to. They can give you the straight and up to date scoop on a given area.

Old 01-08-2008, 08:17 PM

93 posts, read 249,735 times
Quote:
Dallas, city proper, in not too safe.
This is simply not true. Like any big city some parts of town are less safe than others but there are plenty of perfectly safe parts of Dallas. Including large parts of East Dallas and Oak Cliff.

Quote:
Stay away from:
East Dallas
Northwest Dallas
South Dallas
Oak Cliff
Pleasant Grove
My mother had more issues with crime living in the suburbs than I have had living in East Dallas.

Old 01-09-2008, 08:13 AM

4 posts, read 20,025 times
All Of Those Sides Of Town Are Pretty Bad But Where Is Korean Town Off Harry Hines Because The End Of Harry Hines Im Talking About Is Like Harry Hines And Inwood Right Behind St Paul Hospital{southwestern Medical Center} Thats What Im Talking About Have You Been Over That Way Lately
Its Still Pretty Bad Over There Seriously. But Its Plenty Of Safe Spots In Dallas But Most Of Them Are Not Just Places Many People Would Go Through Anyway So Theres Not Much To Worry About.

Old 01-09-2008, 12:51 PM

15,948 posts, read 24,940,664 times
Yeah stay away from East Dallas, Park Cities, North Dallas and Lake Highlands, they are appreciating three times faster than the suburbs.

And be sure and take advice on where to live from a high school kid in the suburbs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas