U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2014, 05:16 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,310,307 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renu.Uner View Post
People interested in pre existing homes judge things differently, they ask for great location, excellent schools, proximity to downtown, proximity to employers, proximity to elite private schools and resale prospects. They won't be driving to far flung subdivisions to buy used homes.
**another new poster pushing a PW agenda*** Thanks gripewater....we can spot your posts a mile a way now. (basing on your pushing of PISD or the "highway") in your previous threads.

For what its worth, you have just described Frisco/McKinney and Allen. There are plenty of resale homes and also new homes available. I would "hardly" call crossing over the 121 into Frisco and McKinney (less than a mile)..."far flung subdivisions".

Gunther---sure far flung, the northern part of Collin county... NO.

To the OP, Richwoods hollow is served by Mcspedden, Vandeventer and will go to Independence (opening this year). The area has a large south Asian population in general, which is a nice thing for meeting people, but not so overpowering that you feel like you are in little india.

There have been some "sly comments made" that richwoods is another castle hills. But so what? If the home fits your budget, needs, wants and you cannot beat the location to the freeways..Plus the excellent schools. I say go for it. I have a couple of friends who went over there and they have been nothing but pleased. The amenities are good, the clubhouse is nice. If it was that "awful", there wouldn't be so much construction happening in frisco.

And for what its worth, Frisco isn't as inexpensive as its made out to be on the boards. The home price we were looking at (even deposited on) in richwoods was at about 525k. We decided to go in a different direction and wait it out and see what lots opened up late this year. That same home is now listed close to 600k (in a matter of 4 months).

Yes the lots are small, but they are going to be small regardless in frisco. I don't think you go into places like richwoods, phillips creek ranch, newman village with a huge lot in mind, you go in for the lifestyle and amenities and finding a floor plan that meets your budget and requirements.

I say this as an Indian myself, I have yet to find any fault within the FISD school system. In fact, I know more people skipping PW altogether and coming to Plano senior or straight up to frisco.

If you are looking for some breathing room, I think you will be able to find something in McKinney or Allen, but I think Allen is a more pricey.

I think being close to a freeway also is pretty priceless and that will work in your favor in the long run. Rest is up to you....I am sure you have made your decision since the thread is almost a year old, but it may provide valuable information for someone still searching. And by now that 370k price is prob at 400k--or MORE.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2014, 09:28 PM

91 posts, read 116,367 times
It seems that YOU are the one pushing Frisco. Just looked at your older posts. Why are you sitting put and watching prices go up $75k when you have everything figured out.

Old 05-24-2014, 10:33 PM

718 posts, read 1,094,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Renu.Uner View Post
Every new subdivision is selling fast, real question is resale. Once you enter your new home door then it instantly becomes a used one. Frisco and beyond has lots of land for new homes so new home buyers would look there not at your used home. People interested in pre existing homes judge things differently, they ask for great location, excellent schools, proximity to downtown, proximity to employers, proximity to elite private schools and resale prospects. They won't be driving to far flung subdivisions to buy used homes.
It doesn't applied for that division , it has already great schools , it is next to 121 , between 75 and the tollway , close to many businesses ,resale won't be an issue. The 4 corners between McKinney , Allen, Plano and Frisco is booming. You have also to think that many people thought the same thing about Plano less than 15 years ago, and about Richardson before that.

Old 05-29-2014, 12:27 PM

655 posts, read 753,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2gurls View Post
**another new poster pushing a PW agenda*** Thanks gripewater....we can spot your posts a mile a way now. (basing on your pushing of PISD or the "highway") in your previous threads.

For what its worth, you have just described Frisco/McKinney and Allen. There are plenty of resale homes and also new homes available. I would "hardly" call crossing over the 121 into Frisco and McKinney (less than a mile)..."far flung subdivisions".

Gunther---sure far flung, the northern part of Collin county... NO.

To the OP, Richwoods hollow is served by Mcspedden, Vandeventer and will go to Independence (opening this year). The area has a large south Asian population in general, which is a nice thing for meeting people, but not so overpowering that you feel like you are in little india.

There have been some "sly comments made" that richwoods is another castle hills. But so what? If the home fits your budget, needs, wants and you cannot beat the location to the freeways..Plus the excellent schools. I say go for it. I have a couple of friends who went over there and they have been nothing but pleased. The amenities are good, the clubhouse is nice. If it was that "awful", there wouldn't be so much construction happening in frisco.

And for what its worth, Frisco isn't as inexpensive as its made out to be on the boards. The home price we were looking at (even deposited on) in richwoods was at about 525k. We decided to go in a different direction and wait it out and see what lots opened up late this year. That same home is now listed close to 600k (in a matter of 4 months).

Yes the lots are small, but they are going to be small regardless in frisco. I don't think you go into places like richwoods, phillips creek ranch, newman village with a huge lot in mind, you go in for the lifestyle and amenities and finding a floor plan that meets your budget and requirements.

I say this as an Indian myself, I have yet to find any fault within the FISD school system. In fact, I know more people skipping PW altogether and coming to Plano senior or straight up to frisco.

If you are looking for some breathing room, I think you will be able to find something in McKinney or Allen, but I think Allen is a more pricey.

I think being close to a freeway also is pretty priceless and that will work in your favor in the long run. Rest is up to you....I am sure you have made your decision since the thread is almost a year old, but it may provide valuable information for someone still searching. And by now that 370k price is prob at 400k--or MORE.
Why do the moderators allow people to keep creating new screennames? GripeWater has had about 10 screennames on here & this "Renu.Uner" is simply the latest one. What is the point of creating different SN's if it's the same person talking about how great Plano is?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or