U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2013, 09:57 AM

12 posts, read 12,281 times

Advertisements

Got job in Dallas, office at downtown near aquarium, moving from oregon. I am looking for 1 bed apartment for me & my wife (starting my new family here in Dallas) with a commute of 15 mins/ 10 miles radius.

Safer, gated, on a $900 budget

Read lot of reviews online on apartment rating . com but could not decide with one to go.

Any suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2013, 11:27 AM

8,567 posts, read 9,328,438 times
Padmapper.com Filter for criteria.

Try NORTH Oak Lawn, or The Villages

Old 07-29-2013, 12:26 PM

Thanks Willsson, I visited the village, the units are old / no availability until Sep. New units (westside, Dakota.. ) are not on my budget they are listed above $1000. I read that there are more crime scenes/break'ins/theft in the oak lawn area, is that true?

Around the Lake Carolyn the Las Colinas, I find "The Shores at las colinas" is in my budget. how is this community?

Old 07-29-2013, 01:25 PM

258 posts, read 436,524 times
Las Colinas is going to be more than 15-minute commute during rush hour. I do a reverse commute from near downtown to Las Colinas and it's more like 30-40 minutes (and that's mostly going against traffic).

You could look in East Dallas around the Arboretum (Trails of White Rock and The Reserve at White Rock). They're an easy commute into downtown using Garland Rd and Gaston Ave.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,447,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.rajkumar View Post
Thanks Willsson, I visited the village, the units are old / no availability until Sep. New units (westside, Dakota.. ) are not on my budget they are listed above $1000. I read that there are more crime scenes/break'ins/theft in the oak lawn area, is that true?

Around the Lake Carolyn the Las Colinas, I find "The Shores at las colinas" is in my budget. how is this community?
Anything on Lake Carolyn will be new, nice, and safe. The commute will probably be over 20 minutes though.

There are a few places in the Medical District that are closer to DT Dallas, new, and in budget:

Colonial Reserve Medical Distict
21 Forty Medical District
5225 Maple

Old 07-29-2013, 02:06 PM

Thank Ron and Ronnie, google shows 15 mins so I thought i can choose Las Colinas. Definitely i will consider apmts around Arboretum.

I checked these, my bad time they aren't availabile now.
5225 Maple

Old 07-29-2013, 02:46 PM

2,172 posts, read 4,249,066 times
If you're working downtown near the aquarium, why not try some of the new communities right over the bridge in North Oak Cliff? It's an up-and-coming area that's not going to be as expensive (yet) as Uptown or as far as Las Colinas. And with the trolley between downtown and Oak Cliff opening next year, the new Sylvan bridge, the remaking of the Continental Bridge into a pedestrian/bike path and all the development's that's going on in the Bishop Arts District in Oak Cliff, it's a good time to look into the area:

Luxury Apartments Dallas | New Apartments Uptown Dallas - Zang Triangle

Rent Apartment in Dallas Texas - Alta West Davis Apartments Near Downtown Dallas TX

If that's not to your liking, I second North Oak Lawn as someone suggested above.

Old 07-29-2013, 05:10 PM

9,504 posts, read 19,506,212 times
Google Maps drive time estimates do not include traffic.

Remember, too, that the area of downtown by the aquarium is served by DART rail. This might be an alternative for you to driving. DART.org - Dallas Area Rapid Transit

Old 07-29-2013, 09:32 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,447,065 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by s.rajkumar View Post
Thank Ron and Ronnie, google shows 15 mins so I thought i can choose Las Colinas. Definitely i will consider apmts around Arboretum.

I checked these, my bad time they aren't availabile now.
5225 Maple
There are new buildings all over the place within a few miles of downtown. Here's a few more:
Phoenix midtown
Amli Bryan Place
The Easton

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 07-29-2013 at 09:42 PM..

Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 PM

19 posts, read 22,659 times
I currently live next to Zang Triangle called Grand Estates at Founders Park. Its about $850 for a 1 bdrm. Zang Triangle is next door and newer, but when I was looking a 1bdrm was over 1k. I feel safe with Grand Estates and do not have complaints with anything. I like the location to downtown as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of:
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or