U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2013, 10:42 PM

581 posts, read 749,370 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
This is pretty much what has ended up happening organically since the one big park vision is not happening. I personally would loved to have seen the large park happen. There were so many little odds and ends planned, that this would have truly been one of the great parks in the world. Instead we're getting small pieces one at a time. What I think that has done though is make planning of the connections between each much more thoughtful. We may get to the point where the basic infrastructure around the river, as well as lots of residential in adjacent neighborhoods will basically push the park as a whole forward.
Indeed. In fact, I'm going to post a thread on what I believe is a significant factor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2013, 03:25 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,798,822 times
The whole thing got sidetracked by the tollroad proponents, IMO. Now they have no tollroad and no park. But I too think the park will evolve and maybe it will actually turn out better in that genesis.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:04 PM

5,959 posts, read 7,504,091 times
Thanks to posters who actually focused on and addressed my question. Much appreciated.

Old 07-31-2013, 04:31 PM

581 posts, read 749,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
The whole thing got sidetracked by the tollroad proponents, IMO. Now they have no tollroad and no park. But I too think the park will evolve and maybe it will actually turn out better in that genesis.
But you don't want the toll road. Indeed, it will turn out better. People living on both sides of the river will make it work. Braes bayou in Houston has two parkways on both sides, but that is all ushering out from the downtown area of Houston. What Dallas wants to do is build something parallel to the levees of the river something which has basically already failed as a concept in Monterrey, Mexico. A lot of hard work can both find a better solution and save the taxpayer a lot of money.

Burying 345 downtown and completing that other subway at Knox - Henderson are better ideas

Old 07-31-2013, 04:49 PM

The Knox-Henderson station got derailed by a few overzealous and IMO self-appointed neighborhood leaders. I was active in the Cochran Heights NA and many of us were for the station, then we find out in the media that "Cochran Heights opposes"....

Old 07-31-2013, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
Thanks to posters who actually focused on and addressed my question. Much appreciated.
John what we are discussing can make or break some of the major new developments - and really the history of the infrastructure set-ups is an ongoing factor in our "metropolis".

Old 07-31-2013, 06:06 PM

Quote:
John what we are discussing can make or break some of the major new developments - and really the history of the infrastructure set-ups is an ongoing factor in our "metropolis".
I recognize that, my question was sources of reporting on new DFW area developments. I have some experience in this business. I asked a focus question, some, including me, get off track to their own amusement. Dont be so sensitive, I was trying to direct the discussion back my question, no harm in thanking those who addressed it is there?

Old 08-02-2013, 01:04 AM

5,276 posts, read 7,207,631 times
Preston Hollow Village project in North Dallas plans to build some office space

Preston Hollow Village project in North Dallas plans to build some office space | Biz Beat Blog

Moderator cut: No copyright media, links only

Quote:
Developers of the Preston Hollow Village development at the northwest corner of North Central and Walnut Hill Lane are working on...mixed-use development where specialty grocer Trader Joe’s plans to open its first North Dallas store.

Last edited by Willsson; 08-02-2013 at 09:21 AM.. Reason: Copyright media

Old 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM

Johnhw2 Since I can't post the link I left you a hint on sources in my post!

Old 08-02-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Johnhw2 Since I can't post the link I left you a hint on sources in my post!
Thanks! I love a good mystery! Much appreciated!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or