U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 12:32 PM

988 posts, read 1,894,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnhw2 View Post
I am interested in keeping abreast of major new developments in the DFW area or at least in the Dallas and surrounding suburb area. I watch Pegasus, Dallas Business Journal, as well as DMN, and Texas A&M's recon consolidation of news items by area, but want any adds I should make to my monitoring. I missed some Frisco development on the Cowboys until I saw it in DC and found there was a related large scale development that had been announced a few months back in Frisco near Warren and NDTR. Any suggestions for new sources other than CD obviously?
Thanks in advance
Sorry, but I forgot about this project. Before you think its central Dallas centric, keep in mind that it has 4 pages and is still a work in progress. Gives a great perspective of what's going on though

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...78361,0.169086
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 02:04 PM

5,952 posts, read 7,490,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
Sorry, but I forgot about this project. Before you think its central Dallas centric, keep in mind that it has 4 pages and is still a work in progress. Gives a great perspective of what's going on though

https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...78361,0.169086
Thanks for the information. I saw a version in Houston that covered the entire metro area. I think it was prepare by a Houston CD poster but not sure. This is helpful and includes more suburban developments than I initially thought. I am aware of a few major developments that I did not see listed.

Much appreciated however, its nice to see it all in one place and mapping it is ideal. Thanks again.

What is the process to update this source for new developments underway, such as a medical office complex in Frisco along Legacy where Warren intersects it? Also there area couple of Legacy area office projects underway not that I did not see mentioned. Is there lower limit in size to be added? Sources to make additions? I follow development as a hobby and try to stay up to date on West Plano area / Frisco activities that impact my area.

Great job the more I look the more helpful this for my wants

Last edited by Johnhw2; 08-04-2013 at 02:40 PM..

Old 08-05-2013, 06:46 AM

988 posts, read 1,894,362 times
Quote:
Thanks for the information. I saw a version in Houston that covered the entire metro area. I think it was prepare by a Houston CD poster but not sure. This is helpful and includes more suburban developments than I initially thought. I am aware of a few major developments that I did not see listed.

Much appreciated however, its nice to see it all in one place and mapping it is ideal. Thanks again.

What is the process to update this source for new developments underway, such as a medical office complex in Frisco along Legacy where Warren intersects it? Also there area couple of Legacy area office projects underway not that I did not see mentioned. Is there lower limit in size to be added? Sources to make additions? I follow development as a hobby and try to stay up to date on West Plano area / Frisco activities that impact my area.

Great job the more I look the more helpful this for my wants
There's a poster at dallasmetropolis that started the mapping project and he's opened it to all. Just click the collaborate button and import. Definitely a work in progress so he is welcoming additions. Can't link the thread here that discusses the map, but it can easily be found with an internet search.

Old 08-05-2013, 05:38 PM

5,269 posts, read 7,197,397 times
Construction starts on Turtle Creek apartment community

http://www.dallasnews.com/business/c...-community.ece

Quote:
Shaw has returned to the central city with his newest project.
The developer has broken ground for a 347-unit rental complex at Sale Street and Cedar Springs Road, up the hill from Turtle Creek.
It's apart of this project that was posted previously.

Click to see image

http://bizbeatblog.dallasnews.com/fi...e-1024x546.jpg

Old 08-05-2013, 05:44 PM

5,681 posts, read 9,668,326 times
Very nice! It's GREAT to see the resurgence of new development, but... Why does there seem to be a ceiling on new buildings in the 20-25 floors range? Why don't developers consolidate development into fewer, but more significant buildings a la 20-30 years ago?? Just askin'...

Old 08-05-2013, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
Very nice! It's GREAT to see the resurgence of new development, but... Why does there seem to be a ceiling on new buildings in the 20-25 floors range? Why don't developers consolidate development into fewer, but more significant buildings a la 20-30 years ago?? Just askin'...
Height restriction and zoning has a lot to do with it.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:01 PM

5,681 posts, read 9,668,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Height restriction and zoning has a lot to do with it.
Oh well.... I guess it was a party while it lasted...

Old 08-05-2013, 06:36 PM

4,060 posts, read 5,183,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
Oh well.... I guess it was a party while it lasted...
Not so fast....the flight restrictions become more strict the farther NORTH you go from DT towards the airport...To.me the sleeping giants are areas south and west of DT(the Cedars and west Dallas river front)....Time will tell in the next couple of decades.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:44 PM

5,952 posts, read 7,490,732 times
Houston has several over 15 floor towers, office use, going up currently. I can not for the life of me figure out why they do and we do not

Old 08-05-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Houston has several over 15 floor towers, office use, going up currently. I can not for the life of me figure out why they do and we do not
In Uptown there's not much height you can build and the zoning laws will not allow a building to be built of an extreme height outside of the urban core.

In Downtown there's no need for a really tall office building. You can building a high-rise office building with much more square footage than one that's over 50 stories tall.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or