U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 02:46 PM

55 posts, read 65,900 times

Advertisements

Lovejoy's premium is for newer housing and bigger lots like Prosper. Schools in these towns are good but not good enough to sell houses on their own. This is my realtor's input. Any way both are too far away for my requirements.

I went to Colony to meet some one and it looked fine to me, may be it was a better part of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 07:45 PM

6,892 posts, read 9,586,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I could be wrong but I thought The Colony High School was the lowest ranked high school in Lewisville ISD at some point recently. Pretty damning statistics dont you think?
I also read that the fact that far southwest Frisco is zoned to TCHS is a major reason behind their fight to break away from Lewisville ISD and get back into Frisco ISD. I think the group is called We Are Frisco or something like that. either way, no one is singing the praises of TCHS.
The far southwest corner of Frisco is zoned Lewisville ISD but has from its inception been zoned to Hebron HS. Same "we are too good for The Colony" mindset that you and others espouse because your children might have to go with someone of a less than noble background.

There are 5 high schools in the Lewisville ISD. Someone will be fifth place no doubt. With the well to do areas that feed into Hebron, and the two Flower Mound schools, it is no surprise that The Colony would come in last. But last to such excellent schools does not make it a horrible inner city schools and that is what you and those like you make it out to be. It is still a fine school and I would have no problem if life circumstances caused my kids to go to The Colony. I know many at my work that graduated from this school and they are all upstanding, productive members of society.

There will always be those that have to live in "the" district with "the" tony school. I don't want my kids going to a crime infested school with a high drop out rate and illiterate students. Your post and others make it seem that The Colony is like this. It isn't.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:00 AM

1,129 posts, read 2,284,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
There will always be those that have to live in "the" district with "the" tony school. I don't want my kids going to a crime infested school with a high drop out rate and illiterate students.
Raises hand.. yup, I'm guilty. I would never in a million years let my child go to TCHS and I'm sorry but that doesn't make me a snob.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:04 AM

3,166 posts, read 4,814,727 times
I have to admit I didn't realize TCHS was part of LISD. I thought they were a different district...because you NEVER hear about them even in LISD. Crazy.

Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM

1,787 posts, read 1,883,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
Raises hand.. yup, I'm guilty. I would never in a million years let my child go to TCHS and I'm sorry but that doesn't make me a snob.
It actually does, but I don't blame you for thinking that way.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceraceae View Post
It actually does, but I don't blame you for thinking that way.
If I have a choice on what school my child goes to and I don't want my child to go to TCHS.. how does that make me a snob?

Old 08-13-2013, 03:36 PM

6,892 posts, read 9,586,933 times
Attention developers of Castle Hills East: Stop your development plans now. No one will buy your homes because their kids might have to sit in a class room with the child of a mechanic or a plumber.

Old 08-13-2013, 03:57 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,814,727 times
Quote:
Attention developers of Castle Hills East: Stop your development plans now. No one will buy your homes because their kids might have to sit in a class room with the child of a mechanic or a plumber.
Daughter of a mechanic here. Graduate of FMHS. And plumbers make good money

Old 08-14-2013, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
What is wrong with a mechanic or a plumber? I'm not worried about kids of mechanics or plumbers, I'm worried about kids who have parents that neglect them and don't push them to excel in school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas