U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2013, 07:25 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,807,707 times

Advertisements

500+ new SFH. Not approved yet. But interesting none the less.

Developer wants Lewisville to annex one of Hebron

Bright Seeks Lewisville Help with Castle Hills East Development - Local News, Notes and Events - News and Opinion - The Lewisville Texan Journal

And the Golf Villas. 60+ SFH.

Moderator cut: no RE company links allowed

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 07-31-2013 at 09:55 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2013, 11:04 PM

6,927 posts, read 9,626,329 times
Interesting history lesson. I had wondered why Hebron never grew into a larger town, now I know that they actually were that large but never got into the utility business and let large swaths de-annex. It's amazing that they could be larger than other towns in the area if they had remained with their former limits and provided the utilities for the land to develop.. Imagine the city of Hebron encompassing the area between 121, 35-E, the Tollway and the PGBT. Could have rivalled Plano.

Old 08-04-2013, 02:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
Interesting history lesson. I had wondered why Hebron never grew into a larger town, now I know that they actually were that large but never got into the utility business and let large swaths de-annex. It's amazing that they could be larger than other towns in the area if they had remained with their former limits and provided the utilities for the land to develop.. Imagine the city of Hebron encompassing the area between 121, 35-E, the Tollway and the PGBT. Could have rivalled Plano.
True. Its not really clear why they even incorporated - they did not provide any utilities.

The comments on the articles are hysterical. The negative commenters are not aware of the gravel pit on the Hebron site or the hilly, highly eroded terrain. Totally unsuitable for agriculture.

Old 08-06-2013, 01:14 PM

1,583 posts, read 2,310,983 times
Couldnt help but notice one of the articles saying that the Castle Hills East development was a bunch of high dollar residential homes and apartments that will be zoned to The Colony High School...well there goes the high dollar value...

Old 08-06-2013, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
Couldnt help but notice one of the articles saying that the Castle Hills East development was a bunch of high dollar residential homes and apartments that will be zoned to The Colony High School...well there goes the high dollar value...
This comment ranks right up there with "Castle Hills is 95% build out."

Old 08-06-2013, 04:26 PM

1,583 posts, read 2,310,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
This comment ranks right up there with "Castle Hills is 95% build out."

Really? Let's try this. Go door to door in any Castle Hills subdivision. Knock on the door and tell the owners "We know you are currently zoned to Hebron High School. I'm hear to let you know that you are now being zoned to The Colony High School instead"...then let me know which hospital to come visit you at. Then maybe you will understand why "high dollar value" and "The Colony High School" dont go together

Old 08-06-2013, 05:14 PM

6,927 posts, read 9,626,329 times
Quote:
Really? Let's try this. Go door to door in any Castle Hills subdivision. Knock on the door and tell the owners "We know you are currently zoned to Hebron High School. I'm hear to let you know that you are now being zoned to The Colony High School instead"...then let me know which hospital to come visit you at. Then maybe you will understand why "high dollar value" and "The Colony High School" dont go together
There is a HUGE difference in changing a school zone from knowing what the zone is before you move in. The Colony HS attendance zone is definitely down market from Hebron but there are still sections of The Colony that are much more than the original Fox and Jacobs neighborhoods that started the place.

Old 08-07-2013, 02:53 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,289,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
There is a HUGE difference in changing a school zone from knowing what the zone is before you move in. The Colony HS attendance zone is definitely down market from Hebron but there are still sections of The Colony that are much more than the original Fox and Jacobs neighborhoods that started the place.
Sure there are nicer areas than the Fox and Jacobs neighborhoods but that doesn't change the rating of the Colony High School. I know I wouldn't dare send my kids to that school. On a side note, at least the new development will be in a nice centrally located area.

Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Demographics is destiny.

People used to sneer at Lewsiville ISD, now it barely trails PISD. Flower Mound, Marcus, and Hebron have climbed in the last few years and so will Colony HS as the many new subdivisions are built out in its region. And many of the families that will move in will be the high achieving immigrant families - as well as children of top end professionals. That is an explosively successful combination.

Peers. Expectations. Curriculum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufcrules1 View Post
Sure there are nicer areas than the Fox and Jacobs neighborhoods but that doesn't change the rating of the Colony High School. I know I wouldn't dare send my kids to that school. On a side note, at least the new development will be in a nice centrally located area.
There are over a dozen parcels in the Colony HS area of that nature either planned or in development. The demographics will change the Colony HS not the other way around.

Old 08-07-2013, 04:40 PM

1,129 posts, read 2,289,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post

There are over a dozen parcels in the Colony HS area of that nature either planned or in development. The demographics will change the Colony HS not the other way around.
That's possible but no guarantee at all. Nothing more than an assumption. I would need more than that to built a house in the 300+k range. Hopefully many other people feel differently and will still build there anyway. I'm sure there are plenty of people who will live there who don't have kids etc because of it's closeness to 121 and its central location.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas