U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2013, 10:09 PM

230 posts, read 314,366 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willsson View Post
Your electric contract shouldn't prohibit you from moving. The contract should go with you to a new location or maybe offer you an opportunity to revise the agreement. If you want to change providers then you can do that at anytime after your original contract period has expired. And still shouldn't prohibit you from moving.

You should call the Customer Relations for your electric provider and tell them you plan to move and want to know how to handle the agreement. Which brings up one point for renters... When you move it is YOUR responsibility to insure that the electric billing is reverted to the property management after you leave. The apartments will NOT assume the responsibility to do that for you.
Thank You Wilsson for good info. I don't know what I don't know LOL. I've owened for a while now and going back to renting, and in the new State at that is kinda strange in a way. So many things to consider though. I thought about transfering electric and I guess internet/phone services as well once we buy a house and out of our rental unit. The problem is I don't know where our future house will be located and if my power company provides services at that location? That's why we'll probably go w/ 6 months contract if numbers are acceptable. My apartment complex recommends that we go with Green Mountain, but don't mandate it. I just did search on the link above and it didnot even bring up Green Mountain for our zip 75024. BTW, I'm not looking for any specific endorsement or a promo of that power company but really would love to hear if someone used them before. DM me please so we'll stay within TOS.

Thank You all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2013, 11:17 AM

6,032 posts, read 7,579,412 times
I see the suggestion of selecting an 18 month or 6 month contract to get my next renewal out of the summer peak price period as one option. The option I am leaning toward it to keep the month to month contract I now have going until rates drop in the fall, if they do drop, then signing up for a longer term contract. Is this a realistic option or have high natural gas prices put electricity costs in a much higher range (9 to 10 cents per kwh) than the under 8 cents per kwh I had the last 12 months?

Old 08-03-2013, 09:32 PM

931 posts, read 1,754,939 times
If you go to powertochoose.org you can find better rates for 3, 6. or 7 months. This is worst time to start a new one. Pennywise and reliant give a pretty good break to new customers but watch out when its time to renew. I am paying 9.1 after 4.3 cents for three months.The suggestion for 18 months not bad either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas