Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 12:54 PM

203 posts, read 271,460 times

Advertisements

Planning trip for 5 days 9/1 with husband and 9&10 year olds. We'd like to stay at suite-type place so we can have a lot of room. Kitchenette for quick snacks is appealing with kids as well as a couple of rooms. Don't want to spend a fortune but these got decent reviews. Relatives in Frisco but don't need to be in same town. I'm sure some are better than others so if anyone has stayed at any of these, I'd appreciate recommendations. We're going to sightsee, spend a day looking at houses in Plano neighborhoods and then some touristy things. TIA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 02:10 PM

7,891 posts, read 11,410,931 times
I cant recall staying in a Homewood property, I have stayed at a few and personally like Staybridge Suites best. Both are located in Plano if that is where you plan to focus attention for potential residence.

Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM

173 posts, read 399,083 times
There are numerous extended stay places along Plano Parkway adjacent to Baylor..Central location but that's about it. We have used the Hyatt Suites at NorthPark several times and is a great location for exploring the city and the suburbs, but may not be as inexpensive as the others though..

Old 08-04-2013, 07:02 PM

161 posts, read 260,306 times
Northpark is a good place to stay. Good fall back with the pool and mall to do something inside the AC. A lot of nice places to eat in the area that are chain or local as well close by.

Old 08-04-2013, 07:19 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,214,794 times
I've never been to a Homewood but I did stay in a.... oh, wait.

There appears to be a Homewood in both Plano and Frisco. I would imagine both are fairly new and quite suitable.
Frisco Hotel | Maps & Directions | Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Frisco
Plano, TX Hotels - Homewood Suites Plano, TX North Dallas

Are you set for a Homewood preference or just like a review? The Plano site might put you closer to sight seeing but not appreciably. Both are located near toll roads which you will probably want to use, at least for convenience. Bring cash.

Old 08-04-2013, 09:50 PM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times
If you're house-shopping in Plano, I wouldn't stay by NorthPark. Long commute to Plano, and a longer one to Frisco. Plus, you won't get the feel of the Plano area - positive or negative.

Speaking of location, the Homewood Suites in Plano is well-located for business people doing extended work-related stays near the Telecom Corridor. However, it's not near any of the residential areas you're likely to be looking at. Ironically, the one in Frisco would be a (slightly) better choice location-wise.

If you're not married to Hilton brands, there are two extended-stay places along Preston that 1) are near Frisco and 2) are near several in-demand Plano residential areas. These are the Candlewood (Holiday Inn/IHG) Suites on Legacy, and the Towneplace (Marriott) Suites on Whitestone. (No first-hand knowledge of either.) IMO, these would be the best locations for house-hunters coming to Plano.

Re: The "bring cash" thought - the toll roads around here no longer accept cash. They photograph your license plate and send you a bill in the mail.

Old 08-05-2013, 06:29 AM

203 posts, read 271,460 times
Default I did check into some of your rec's

I do appreciate it! Staybridge didn't seem to have the 2 BR we would want for those dates but I'm taking all this advice into account. With two young children and a snoring husband, we need as much room as possible when traveling . A couple of days in a small room is one thing but 4 nights is another! We're going to look at neighborhoods in Grapevine, Southlake, etc. - I want to get a feel for several neighborhoods. It may be ambitious but we're going to try...that's why we all need to be well rested! As long as they're clean - that's my top priority. I'm one of those people who doesn't walk barefoot on hotel carpeting ! Thanks again.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:04 AM

2,346 posts, read 6,927,150 times
If you're also looking at Southlake/Grapevine, then I'd just go with the Frisco Homewood. From there, you can jump on 121 and get to that part of town without much trouble.

Old 08-06-2013, 10:52 AM

3,478 posts, read 6,558,671 times
Check out Hyatt House as well
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas