U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 10:08 PM

31 posts, read 38,870 times

Advertisements

My daughter is two years and 10 months old and I am would like to enroll her in Moderator cut: no ads lessons.
Could you please recommend me a place in Coppell or other place close to?
Thanks

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-05-2013 at 05:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 11:36 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,813,434 times
The Coppell YMCA is cheaper than AquaKids, even if you are not a member. I took my daughter to the Y at 9 months--at that age it was all about just being okay with the water and she totally is, so it was sort of a waste. I cant speak for the older classes. I don't know what Aquakids offers either, but the price was definitely double.

There is also a lady that teaches the infant survival version somewhere in Coppell--I briefly thought about it, but the time and money involved was too much and we don't have a pool.

There is also another woman that teaches out of her home--a friend just told me about it her. I'll see if I can get her info. She sounded really good.

Old 08-05-2013, 07:29 AM

72 posts, read 137,345 times
We went with the Coppell YMCA. They have group classes as well as 1-on-1 classes.

Old 08-05-2013, 10:08 AM

695 posts, read 1,224,035 times
I took my son and daughter to the Coppell Y. It was good for my son--he was older and got one-on-one lessons. For my daughter it was a waste. We go to a lady in Carrollton who teaches out of her home and has really helped my daughter get comfortable in the water and dog paddle a little.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:45 AM

31 posts, read 38,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
There is also another woman that teaches out of her home--a friend just told me about it her. I'll see if I can get her info. She sounded really good.
Please could you send me the info when u get it? Thanks

Anybody have experience with The Coppell Aquatic and Recreation Center?

Old 08-05-2013, 07:53 PM

94 posts, read 160,015 times
If your goal with lessons is to get your kid truly swimming/self-sufficient in the water, as opposed to just doing swimming as a fun activity option, I highly highly HIGHLY recommend Infant Swim Resource (ISR). Infant Swim Self Rescue™ Survival Swimming Lessons to find an instructor. 4-6 weeks of lessons and she'll master a swim-float-swim sequence that she can use to save herself if she ever falls in the water accidentally. She'll even practice fully clothed. This is SO important even if you don't have a pool... we do, but we also have door locks and alarms and a pool fence and so I don't worry that much about my kids falling in accidentally. It's public pools, pools at other houses, etc. that make me nervous.

I also have friends at Aqua Kids in Flower Mound, and they are very happy with the lessons there. And, my oldest (age 6, an ISR graduate) is working on strokes through the learn-to-swim program at Lakeside Aquatic Club. I've been pleased with her progress and the lessons are about half the cost of Aqua Kids. LAC is trying to move to the new LISD natatorium when it opens later this year, and that is in far southern Lewisville, practically on the Coppell border.

Old 12-10-2013, 08:33 AM

1 posts, read 2,339 times
Hi!
I strongly recommend Aquakids in Flowermound as well as AquaTots in Coppell.

I have friends in Coppell Y who have taken group lessons and are very happy with it.
Group lessons didn't work for us due to time conflicts but we strongly recommend private lessons at Y.

Old 12-10-2013, 11:17 PM

1,161 posts, read 738,412 times
There will be lot of options during summer time. But now i think, options are very limited. It has to be a indoor swimming pool to run classes year round. And they do not offer lot of classes year round. There will be a winter break for indoor pools as well. If you are going to send it to Coppell YMCA, you need to be very quick. This place gets full quickly. It is difficult to find a spot. Other than Coppell YMCA, I also took my kid to Irving YMCA and North lake aquatic center. Most of the times, these classes are very casual. They do not teach much in these places. It is a very slow learning process. There is also a very good swimming pool (I think, Emler) near Preston and 635.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas