Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2013, 10:20 PM

1,257 posts, read 3,682,798 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by biafra4life View Post
I know this is a somewhat "old" thread, so forgive me in advance, but something happened to a friend of ours that made me want to comment on this thread. Friends of ours out in Melissa (right outside McKinney) have a son who is asthmatic. He had an attack and was rushed to the nearest hospital in McKinney (dont know which one). Turns out that the attach he had was so bad that the hospital wasnt equiped to deal with it. Not a big deal except we then heard that no other hospital in Collin County could deal with it either. The kid had to be Careflighted down to Children's in Dallas. Think about that for a second. It's not as if we are talking about emergency heart surgery here, we are talking about ASTHMA. Really makes me wonder about the quality of hospitals in Collin County.
And by the way, only a layman would minimize the effects and difficulty of controlling an asthma attack. You should try to be the doctor of a patient in extremis and let's see if you don't poop in your pants once in a while when you're back is against the wall and your patient isn't responding to the meds you've given.

Then tell me that Collin County hospitals are no good because we can't treat something as simple as asthma.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-11-2013, 12:05 AM

193 posts, read 437,764 times
I recently delivered at Baylor Frisco and can't say enough good things about that hospital. Excellent nurses, large, clean rooms, very new and state of the art equipment. Very courteous, organized, and reasonable in terms of costs. Most physicians in the Plano/Frisco area have privileges here. Overall, wonderful experience with a very knowledgeable team of nurses and doctors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas