U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 11:06 AM

988 posts, read 1,894,362 times

Advertisements

walk over the Hampton Rd Bridge. Best skyline view in the entire area. You get a clear view north to south. I would rate a walk over Hampton over the Trinity as #2 right now, but once Sylvan is complete it will compete for #2. #4 would be The bar at the Belmont. I would also try one of the parking garages in the West Village. The former Borders which is now a wine bar, is probably the best right now. The public garage in the West Village is really nice as well. I always have like the view from the little park in the Preservation Dallas building. The park is on the northside of Swiss and west of Washington a few blocks. Not the tiny one with the gazebo, but a little further down. If you can get into one of the Camden garages in the Farmers Market area, the view of downtown is also spectacular. There's also a great view from the sidewalk next to Cityplace.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 PM

5,681 posts, read 9,668,326 times
We found a GREAT view by accident... But it's a view of the skyline from within the skyline itself... We were in the Sheraton hotel downtown and thought we'd ride the elevator up to the top floors on the off chance that we could catch a view...

Well, the top two floors od the main (tallest) tower are event venues, which were open/unlocked Sunday morning. Spectacular!! You can see nearly 360 degrees!

Old 08-12-2013, 08:04 PM

12,521 posts, read 22,333,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TX75007 View Post
Omni Hotel Las Colinas top floor room. Best time would be the fall after a good cold front.
Yeah...Summertime is too hazy from all of the pollution & humidity in the air even though visibility may be 10 miles.

Fall & Winter offer the clearest night time skyline shots.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:23 PM

4,153 posts, read 7,645,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
Yeah...Summertime is too hazy from all of the pollution & humidity in the air even though visibility may be 10 miles.

Fall & Winter offer the clearest night time skyline shots.
Yes sir, it's been real hazy here lately, can't wait for a cold night...with a New Moon.

Old 08-17-2013, 05:41 PM

266 posts, read 472,704 times
The view from my job's break room gives a breathtaking view of the Dallas skyline, the Addison skyline, and the Exxon-Mobil Japanese castle in the forest.

Old 08-17-2013, 10:37 PM

88 posts, read 159,633 times
Hey everyone. I figured I'd post these questions since they are Dallas-related, and it would be useless to start another thread.

Truthfully, my Fort Worth-based friends and I are going to see P!nk at the American Airlines Center this November. I'm meeting them somewhere around Victory Park.

I'm staying at a hotel right across the street from Love Field. And as I mentioned, I'm renting a car.

What is the best route to get to the ACC without passing through any rough neighborhoods?

What is the traffic like around the ACC when there's an event going on there?

What parking is available near the arena? And how much is the parking?

Old 08-18-2013, 12:51 AM

4,153 posts, read 7,645,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jericho79 View Post
Hey everyone. I figured I'd post these questions since they are Dallas-related, and it would be useless to start another thread.

Truthfully, my Fort Worth-based friends and I are going to see P!nk at the American Airlines Center this November. I'm meeting them somewhere around Victory Park.

I'm staying at a hotel right across the street from Love Field. And as I mentioned, I'm renting a car.

What is the best route to get to the ACC without passing through any rough neighborhoods?

What is the traffic like around the ACC when there's an event going on there?

What parking is available near the arena? And how much is the parking?

The easiest and maybe direct route is to take Cedar Springs straight out of the airport.

Cedar Springs > Oak Lawn > South on Oak Lawn > Hi Line Dr > Victory Ave.

I can't commit much on traffic during AAC events.

Old 08-18-2013, 07:14 AM

2,172 posts, read 4,248,304 times
Don't worry. You're not going to be passing through any neighborhoods where you fear for your life from Love Field to AAC.

To avoid paying parking and getting stuck in traffic after the event, I often will find street parking in Uptown, eat around there, and then walk down to the AAC, or take the free trolley down to the stop near the Crescent Hotel and walk over. It's a little bit of a hike and read the street parking signs in Uptown carefully but it is free parking. And walking around Uptown is generally safe at night, especially if there's a group of you.

Old 08-20-2013, 07:10 PM

931 posts, read 1,743,834 times
I like the Mockingbird and Buckner intersection there is a nice little park onSE corner to look from.

Old 08-20-2013, 08:11 PM

226 posts, read 344,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanamo View Post
walk over the Hampton Rd Bridge. Best skyline view in the entire area. You get a clear view north to south. I would rate a walk over Hampton over the Trinity as #2 right now, but once Sylvan is complete it will compete for #2. #4 would be The bar at the Belmont. I would also try one of the parking garages in the West Village. The former Borders which is now a wine bar, is probably the best right now. The public garage in the West Village is really nice as well. I always have like the view from the little park in the Preservation Dallas building. The park is on the northside of Swiss and west of Washington a few blocks. Not the tiny one with the gazebo, but a little further down. If you can get into one of the Camden garages in the Farmers Market area, the view of downtown is also spectacular. There's also a great view from the sidewalk next to Cityplace.
The Hampton Bridge best views of downtown. I always make the trip to this bridge when I am in town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or