U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2013, 01:42 PM

743 posts, read 1,064,169 times

Advertisements

If you took Hampton you could get to Parkland in a consistent <15 mins from Kessler/North Oak Cliff.

The area between the Tollroad and Love Field is also a good one to target and has some rental options.

I agree that OP will want to stay west of Central. You're looking at heavy traffic and 20+ mins from east Dallas to the hospital.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 01:45 PM

7,299 posts, read 8,140,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
Highland Park, Oak Lawn, Turtle Creek.
+Bluffview and other parts of Preston Hollow.
The Disney Streets area.

Old 08-12-2013, 01:45 PM

2,828 posts, read 3,391,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Considering Coming Back View Post
The area between the Tollroad and Love Field is also a good one to target and has some rental options.
Agreed, Greenway Parks, Bird Streets, etc.

Old 08-12-2013, 06:29 PM

5 posts, read 4,761 times
What are the best neighborhoods to live in at Dallas? Is Argyle one of them or Southlake?

Old 08-12-2013, 08:16 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,451,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronald_Arif View Post
What are the best neighborhoods to live in at Dallas? Is Argyle one of them or Southlake?
The ones already listed: Park Cities, Oak Lawn, Turtle Creek, Uptown, Bluffview, and Lakewood

No offense, but these types of questions are annoying.

Why? Because neither of those towns are in Dallas. Those are not Dallas neighborhoods, they are towns in Tarrant county, actually I'm not even sure what county Arglye is in. Argyle might be in Denton county. Plus neither are anywhere near 15 minutes of Parkland. You should probably post in Fort Worth.

Old 08-13-2013, 07:08 PM

2 posts, read 2,181 times
Default Moving next year, Need to be close to Parkland Hospital

Hey all. We are moving to n NE Dallas for 2 years. I used to live in Central TX so man I'd love to stay longer but you know, needs of the medical world. We need to be within 15 min commute to Parkland Hospital. We will have 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 yr old boys. THe elder is already in a Montessori and I'd love to keep him in one as he enters Kindergarten. THe younger will be there for Preschool and would do fine in Montessori or a good public school. We are big runners, cyclists, outdoorsy folks. We can handle apartment living if there is good stuff nearby! Trying to get a feel for any areas that strike you as a good fit, or great schools considering the above! Thanks so much!!

Old 08-13-2013, 07:23 PM

1,188 posts, read 2,015,886 times
I am a little confused. Didn't you ask this same question a few days ago? Has something changed? I thought you got some good feedback.

The challenge will be a 15minute commute to Parkland. It isn't in the best part of town. If you expand to 30 minutes or less, you will have more options. Good luck.

Old 08-13-2013, 11:10 PM

2,346 posts, read 5,800,364 times
I'm gonna go out on a limb and assume the OP will be on-call 24/7 or close to it. That makes the 15 minutes non-negotiable.

Yes, you can get a better selection by going 30-40 minutes out. But why stop there? If you extend it to 2 hours, you can live in a lake cabin on Lake Tawakoni.

Obviously, that's a silly idea. But, given the realities of certain positions in a training hospital, even the east part of Dallas is just as infeasible.

I don't have an answer for the OP, but let's stick with his/her parameters. Should be a stiff challenge.

Old 08-14-2013, 09:11 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,391,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrskwbrown View Post
Hey all. We are moving to n NE Dallas for 2 years. I used to live in Central TX so man I'd love to stay longer but you know, needs of the medical world. We need to be within 15 min commute to Parkland Hospital. We will have 4 1/2 and 3 1/2 yr old boys. THe elder is already in a Montessori and I'd love to keep him in one as he enters Kindergarten. THe younger will be there for Preschool and would do fine in Montessori or a good public school. We are big runners, cyclists, outdoorsy folks. We can handle apartment living if there is good stuff nearby! Trying to get a feel for any areas that strike you as a good fit, or great schools considering the above! Thanks so much!!
You have already received quiet a bit of feedback......the last questions is what is your budget?

Old 08-14-2013, 09:30 AM

16,092 posts, read 35,811,188 times
OK, I know some will dispute whatever I say, but Tuesday I had to go to DFW, so from the heart of Lakewood I took Live Oak to Woodall Rodgers to Stemmons (35) - passed Parkland in 13 minutes. This was at lunch time - so not full traffic.

Took me 25 minutes to pull up to Terminal C at the airport.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or