U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2013, 06:49 PM

4 posts, read 6,746 times

Advertisements

Hey guys, just got a job in Arlington, and I'm moving in two weeks. My job is a mile away from Cowboys Stadium, and I've been looking for a safe, inexpensive 1 bedroom apartment for a recent college grad. However, most of the apartments I've been reading about around Arlington complain about safety.

What cities around Arlington would yall recommend to live in? Any specific apartment complexes in mind? I don't mind a little bit of a commute, but nothing too crazy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2013, 07:26 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,452,638 times
Arlington has gotten so trashy, and full of crime(coming from a Dallas resident). The area around cowboy stadium is full of drive until you qualify type apartments, and low lifes. I had my cell phone stolen in Arlington while I was in a gas station using the restroom. My car was unlocked, but that is ridiculous. I have relatives who live in one of the nicest neighborhoods in North Arlington that can't have mail sent to their house because identity thieves drive thru and steal it. There's also been several violent home invasions in their neighborhood the last few years, and squatters.

look into Euless. The area off 360 and Ash lane is pretty nice.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 PM

19 posts, read 40,338 times
You may want to look in North Arlington, north of I-30 and west of 360. There a couple of apartments around Green Oaks and Collins, as well as east a little from Collins on Brown Ave. The apartments west of Collins can get a little trashy, mostly because they are so dense, but in the Collins/Brown/Ball Park Way are there are some decent places.

If you go north on 360 near 183, there is a whole new community of apartments. They are only a few years old, near Centreport Station.

Apartments in Euless tend to be older buildings, but there is some new development. The new apartments in the HEB area can get a little pricey though. There is a whole new complex going up around 121 and Glade, near the Target. They may be leasing certain buildings already.

If you can give us some more information about your desired price range and background, we may be able to give you better advice.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:17 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,723,076 times
Arlington is huge. North Arlington borders hwy 30, South Arlington borders hwy 20. Running thru Central Arlington is Division St. Along the east side is hwy 360

South Arlington: that's where all the shopping is. Live west of Collins Street and if you can find any apartment West of Cooper, grab it!

Central Arlington: near Division anywhere avoid it for now. Area is undergoing renewal, however.

North Arlington: North of hwy 30 is ok, I would also stay west of Collins. Exception on east, there are nice apartments that border Hwy 360 between hwy 183 and Brown exits

My grandson lives in apartments in North Arlington along Green Oaks just east of Cooper. Coincidentally my son lived as a young married in those same apartments when he returned to Tx after going to college out of state, about 15 years agp. Older apartments but a fine area near River Legacy Park. His uncle (my son) has lived in a house near River Legacy Park for about 8 years and they love the area. I own a rent house in that area, too. The statements made about it being high crime are just ridiculous... However, the less expensive the rent is of course the more likely you will have bad neighbors JMHO.

If you job is on the south side of Arlington look on the west side near Hwy 20 or in Mansfield.
Ther are lots of lovely apartments in the Bear Creek area of Euless, too, if your job is on the North side.

Last edited by Squirl; 08-13-2013 at 08:34 AM..

Old 08-13-2013, 02:35 PM

4 posts, read 6,746 times
Thanks for the info Squirl & Karl!

I'm looking for the price to be under $600 if possible, but safety is definitely a top priority for me. Also being a recent grad I'm hoping that I'm not the only person my age in those apartments. I'm guessing for a younger crowd I would have to find an apartment near UTA. Would yall happen to know if that area is rather safe?

I looked online and found some good deals around the River Legacy Park area: Northwood Place, Trails @ River Park, Woodcreek Apartment Homes, Landry Hill, Biltmore, Sage Canyon, and The Lodge @ Legacy Park.

Any of those ring a bell to yall? Any advice?

And thanks again for yalls help! Didn't realize how many complexes there were. I'm hoping to narrow it down to a list of 5 or so and check them out this weekend.

Old 08-13-2013, 04:25 PM

19 posts, read 40,338 times
TT,

I am not very familiar with most of those properties. I know where they are , but have no first hand experience.

The one property on your list I do know of is the Lodge at Legacy Park. Prior to its current name, it was part of a large complex that covered both sides of Collins. If you drive by, you can probably see how the two properties are similar in design. When I lived in Arlington, this property had some crime issues. It may have improved since then (about 3 years). I think the crime was in part because it was an open parking lot close to the major road and because it was a fairly large complex. When I left the area, they had already made some large investments in landscaping and exterior maintenance, which is a good sign.

Just down Collins from this complex is another one called Remington Meadows. It is an older complex , but when I lived there we had no issues. When I left, they had just started remodeling the interior of the units. There were several police officers that lived there too. It may be worth it for you to check out.

As for access to the college crowd, I think you will find all apartments in Arlington have a mixture of students/adults/families. There are apartments right next to UTA, but many of these are university owned and house exclusively students. Go for what you can afford and either drive to the growing downtown Arlington, get involved with the local community groups (which probably have a large contingent of UTA students), or hit up the nightlife scenes in Dallas or Fort Worth.

Old 08-15-2013, 09:52 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,723,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTiger2007 View Post
Thanks for the info Squirl & Karl!

I'm looking for the price to be under $600 if possible, but safety is definitely a top priority for me. Also being a recent grad I'm hoping that I'm not the only person my age in those apartments. I'm guessing for a younger crowd I would have to find an apartment near UTA. Would yall happen to know if that area is rather safe?

I looked online and found some good deals around the River Legacy Park area: Northwood Place, Trails @ River Park, Woodcreek Apartment Homes, Landry Hill, Biltmore, Sage Canyon, and The Lodge @ Legacy Park.

Any of those ring a bell to yall? Any advice?

And thanks again for yalls help! Didn't realize how many complexes there were. I'm hoping to narrow it down to a list of 5 or so and check them out this weekend.
Here's Arlington Police Dept
last 13 month crime stats by apartment complex name:Crime Statistics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or