Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2013, 11:50 PM

4 posts, read 6,181 times

Advertisements

Hello,
My family is moving to Plano ,Tx. I have 3 boys, elementary, middle & high school. Due to job transfer I have to move.
I read good and bad things about the Frisco school district. I would appreciate if you have suggestions regarding schools. If you have kids attending the frisco school district, kindly elaborate on your experiences.
Thanks,
Mali.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2013, 04:38 AM

170 posts, read 373,995 times
Plano is top performing district in nation so why would you pick Frisco?

Old 07-25-2013, 07:47 AM

2,353 posts, read 3,862,338 times
I have children in the Plano ISD and wonder why you are asking about Frisco schools if you are moving to Plano? Plano schools are considered better than Frisco schools by most families.

Old 07-25-2013, 07:50 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky21 View Post
Hello,
My family is moving to Plano ,Tx. I have 3 boys, elementary, middle & high school. Due to job transfer I have to move.
I read good and bad things about the Frisco school district. I would appreciate if you have suggestions regarding schools. If you have kids attending the frisco school district, kindly elaborate on your experiences.
Thanks,
Mali.
Forget Frisco schools. Buy in the Plano ISD and send your kids to better schools.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:39 AM

Thanks for your responses friends. I appreciate it very much.

My job is in Coppell. Our family is a single income family and currently planning to rent and a yr later buy a house & settle (to be frank - a foreclosed home under 200K)

I heard Plano homes are expensive and not for me. Hence I had to look under the frisco school dt. I haven't finalized anything yet.

I value your opinions, if you have more to input, I welcome it.
Sincerely,
Mali.

Old 07-25-2013, 08:53 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,285,459 times
Quote:

My job is in Coppell. Our family is a single income family and currently planning to rent and a yr later buy a house & settle (to be frank - a foreclosed home under 200K)

I heard Plano homes are expensive and not for me. Hence I had to look under the frisco school dt. I haven't finalized anything yet.

Sincerely,
Mali.
Most of Frisco's going to be out of your price range too. If <200k is all you can afford, you may want to rent and save your money while you send your kid to a good school. Most areas where you can afford to buy under 200k won't have great schools, or the houses will be small (less than 2k sq ft).

Old 07-25-2013, 08:56 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,747,031 times
Quote:

Sincerely,
Mali.
Well first, let me welcome you to the area. We are always happy to have good neighbors no matter where youre from, what your background is, etc!

I may be able to shed some light for you. While I have never lived in Cedar Rapids, I travel there every 6 weeks for work and have been for two years.

I have two questions for you:

1) What part of Cedar Rapids are you from? I can probably compare some areas for you. Granted, Plano, Coppell and the whole DFW area is a different animal. Plano by itself is larger than Cedar Rapids and DFW is huge comparitive to anywhere in the midwest outside Chicago.

2) What do you value in a place to live? On the surface, the main differences between Plano and Cedar Rapids are that Plano is much more diverse (its literally like the UN here) and that Plano is much larger.

In what ways have you heard that Plano isnt for you? Yes the homes are cheaper in Frisco, but Plano schools are some of the best in the country.

Let me know the answers to these questions, and I will try to help you further.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:09 AM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Quote:

Sincerely,
Mali.
Coppell has outstanding schools. It's tough in that price range, but there are homes in Irving zoned to Coppell which would give you a short toll free commute and great schools.

9005 silverdollar trail

Old 07-25-2013, 09:12 AM

Thanks BigDGeek. I would say you are right, rent & send my kids to a good school. with a rental budget is 1600$,most of Plano is beyond my reach.
Do you have any idea of the price of a nice home under 3000sq ft within plano isd ?
My job is in Coppell, should I look into that too. Many of my colleagues are settled in plano , hence I began my search there.
When you find time, please write.
Sincerely,
Mali.

Old 07-25-2013, 09:37 AM

11,855 posts, read 26,876,979 times
Since budget is a concern, you need to know that the commute from Plano to Coppell will most likely be on a toll road. It can cost over $100 a month!

Look at the Valley Ranch part of Irving that has Coppell ISD schools. You should be able to find an apartment in that price range, and possibly a house if you are lucky. (The market for rental houses is currently very tight.)

Foreclosures are less and less common in DFW. Our economy is doing very well here, and that is making foreclosures less common than in past years. Foreclosures can also come with maintenance issues, such as bad foundation problems, that can be very expensive to repair.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: