U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 09:22 PM

279 posts, read 912,843 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I have a 2005 Lexus and I recently moved to Arlington for College. I have been looking at places to get Oil Changes, for a decent price. Has anyone had great experiances with a particular business? Somewhere I should avoid going? I am from Oklahoma City so I just need some insight on where to go for a Oil Change that won't screw me over or mess up my engine.

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-16-2013, 06:56 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,385,586 times
I can tell you that I've always had exceptional service at Sewell with my Lexus, though it's a little far for you for just an oil change. If you ever need any major service though give Sewell a call. Really a Lexus is just a hyped up Toyota so you should have no problems at any of the big chains for a simple oil change. Good luck!

Old 08-16-2013, 10:47 AM

12,521 posts, read 22,333,094 times
What side of Arlington are you on?

Vandergriff Toyota is fine if you don't mind going to South Arlington.

Your car has the same engine an Avalon has. No Sweat.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:16 AM

2,828 posts, read 3,385,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
What side of Arlington are you on?

Vandergriff Toyota is fine if you don't mind going to South Arlington.

Your car has the same engine an Avalon has. No Sweat.
Depending on the make and model.

Old 08-16-2013, 11:27 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,681,510 times
When I had a Lexus I used Park Place Lexus in Grapevine. Love them! Almost bought another one just for the dealership but alas, I had my sights on a EX35.

I have had good luck for economy at Pep Boys in So. Arl.

I would avoid Jiffy Lube -- a few times in way past on other cars I was disarmed by coupons for oil changes and they always found problems with my cars (eg: bad break fluid, transmission oil, etc.) that further inspections at dealerships did not validate.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:32 PM

19 posts, read 40,220 times
I have never really had a problem with the quick oil change places. Sometimes they try to upsell you on wiper blades, air filters and so forth, but just tell them no on everything and check it out yourself. There is an oil change place just north of 30 on Cooper (right behind the Jack in the Box). I always had a good experience there, they never tried to oversell me on anything. When I used it, it was owned by a Father/Son team I believe and they really took a lot of pride in running their business. Oil isn't hard to change, but finding someone to do it with pride and integrity can be nearly impossible.

Old 08-16-2013, 12:51 PM

6,889 posts, read 9,584,447 times
I personally believe in servicing your car at the specific make of dealership. There are many times when there is warranty and/or recall work on your particular car that is free of charge but would cost you steeply elsewhere. You might pay a slightly higher price at the dealership on the basic service, but most are competitive with the quick oil places and you have the assurance that you have certified mechanics working on that make and model. Visit the dealership's website before you go, most times there is a coupon on line that you can print out to save some $$$.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:12 PM

390 posts, read 570,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saintmarks View Post
I personally believe in servicing your car at the specific make of dealership. There are many times when there is warranty and/or recall work on your particular car that is free of charge but would cost you steeply elsewhere. You might pay a slightly higher price at the dealership on the basic service, but most are competitive with the quick oil places and you have the assurance that you have certified mechanics working on that make and model. Visit the dealership's website before you go, most times there is a coupon on line that you can print out to save some $$$.
Unless you need repair work, dealerships are often out of the way, inconvenient, and slow for routine maintenance. I love my local Valvoline Instant Oil Change place in Lakewood.

Old 08-16-2013, 06:47 PM

8,692 posts, read 11,421,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bencronin04 View Post
I can tell you that I've always had exceptional service at Sewell with my Lexus, though it's a little far for you for just an oil change. If you ever need any major service though give Sewell a call. Really a Lexus is just a hyped up Toyota so you should have no problems at any of the big chains for a simple oil change. Good luck!
My gf's parents drive down in their RX330 from St. Louis for a visit once a year. They always get it serviced at Sewell, because they get treated so well.

Old 08-17-2013, 09:20 AM

2,206 posts, read 3,792,030 times
I use a locally owned small auto repair shop for all my auto business if I do not have a warranty or service contract. The place I go to has all the equipment of a large dealership but charges about 60% of the dealership. I know the owner personally and he makes things right. I send him business.

Google "auto repair" and then look at what comes up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas