U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2013, 11:23 AM

581 posts, read 749,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMalone View Post
The signs in the neighborhood are to protest the urban (less than 90,000 square feet) WalMart that will be built on the northwest corner of Arapaho and Coit. The neighborhood has not been informed what will fill the Whole Foods space. The last I heard from Richardson officials was merely that they were working aggressively with the landlord to fill it.

There were rumors that the Kroger at Coit and Beltline opposite the old Whole Foods would be getting a significant upgrade. I would be extremely surprised, but happily so, if HEB chose that for a first location Dallas/Dallas suburbs.
http://www.telecomcorridor.com/lates...-in-richardson

Here is what is going on because of the explosion of activity that is happening within the Telecom Corridor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 11:32 AM

2,259 posts, read 8,635,649 times
>>The signs in the neighborhood are to protest the urban (less than 90,000 square feet) WalMart that will be built on the northwest corner of Arapaho and Coit. The neighborhood has not been informed what will fill the Whole Foods space. The last I heard from Richardson officials was merely that they were working aggressively with the landlord to fill it. <<

Yes, that's right. The WalMart neighborhood market at Coit & Roundrock will close when that super WalMart on Arapaho and Coit opens. I wonder what will go into the vacant WalMart neighborhood market space when that happens.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:18 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,190,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
I hear (rumor?) that an HEB grocery store is coming to the space that use to be Whole Foods at Coit & Beltline.
What I heard is that HEB expressed interest in the old Whole Foods site at Dal-Rich but were shot down by the landlords as they wanted to own the space and the landlords weren't interested in selling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeanyMalone View Post
The signs in the neighborhood are to protest the urban (less than 90,000 square feet) WalMart that will be built on the northwest corner of Arapaho and Coit. The neighborhood has not been informed what will fill the Whole Foods space. The last I heard from Richardson officials was merely that they were working aggressively with the landlord to fill it.

There were rumors that the Kroger at Coit and Beltline opposite the old Whole Foods would be getting a significant upgrade. I would be extremely surprised, but happily so, if HEB chose that for a first location Dallas/Dallas suburbs.
That's the rumor but so far I have seen no evidence of Kroger doing anything in their store yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spree View Post
Yes, that's right. The WalMart neighborhood market at Coit & Roundrock will close when that super WalMart on Arapaho and Coit opens. I wonder what will go into the vacant WalMart neighborhood market space when that happens.
Correct; so far I haven't heard anything from anyone about what will happen to the old Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market site. The rumor is that Wal-Mart owns the site instead of leasing it, and will not sell it because they do not want competition.

The major tenant at Spanish Village (Durango's) has already relocated to the southwest corner of Belt Line and Preston Road near Tom Thumb.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,457,131 times
I see you have moved to the safety of the Dallas forum casimpso. The beating received in the luxury thread must really be affecting you brah.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:41 PM

3,697 posts, read 3,286,171 times
Please don't bring that **** into this thread about HEB.

Old 08-18-2013, 08:48 PM

8,862 posts, read 10,327,864 times
"Correct; so far I haven't heard anything from anyone about what will happen to the old Wal-Mart Neighborhood Market site. The rumor is that Wal-Mart owns the site instead of leasing it, and will not sell it because they do not want competition."

The rumor that I always here about Wal-Mart is that they leave empty buildings whenever they build a Super Wal-Mart. Anyone know what is happening with the old Sam's Club off of Park since they moved to Skillman? Exactly what 5 Points needs, a big empty building. Not.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:18 PM

19,643 posts, read 53,556,179 times
I heard that HEB is building a store on Lebanon just of FM 423 in Frisco. Something is going up but no signs yet.

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:30 PM

318 posts, read 372,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
I see you have moved to the safety of the Dallas forum casimpso. The beating received in the luxury thread must really be affecting you brah.
The only thing taking a beating in the luxury thread is Houston's position in the poll. HTown has never led, even with all the boosters. You have many more people. Your side should be able to stack it, to win it going away. It appears not even many Houstonians believe all the foolish bluster and repetition of mindless cheers, backed up by nothing. Just blather from blatherskites.

Dallas is not only #1 in luxury shopping, but in ALL shopping, in all price ranges. And that irks your side to no end, that the smaller city wins the competition hands-down. That's why we see so much venom thrown our way.

We get more stuff first, as you read in my original post. That's a simple fact. You're free to rebut that, with a list of stuff Houston got first. Go to it. It would be refreshing to see anyone from Houston try to prove something, rather than just continue to issue more empty boasts.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:45 PM

23,618 posts, read 31,190,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casimpso View Post
The only thing taking a beating in the luxury thread is Houston's position in the poll. HTown has never led, even with all the boosters. You have many more people. Your side should be able to stack it, to win it going away. It appears not even many Houstonians believe all the foolish bluster and repetition of mindless cheers, backed up by nothing. Just blather from blatherskites.

Dallas is not only #1 in luxury shopping, but in ALL shopping, in all price ranges. And that irks your side to no end, that the smaller city wins the competition hands-down. That's why we see so much venom thrown our way.

We get more stuff first, as you read in my original post. That's a simple fact. You're free to rebut that, with a list of stuff Houston got first. Go to it. It would be refreshing to see anyone from Houston try to prove something, rather than just continue to issue more empty boasts.
Ugh, please don't bring this Dallas vs Houston bashfest in here, nobody cares.

Old 08-18-2013, 09:55 PM

951 posts, read 1,420,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
I heard that HEB is building a store on Lebanon just of FM 423 in Frisco. Something is going up but no signs yet.
I heard it was legacy and main st.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas