U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 03:43 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,864,352 times

Advertisements

We heard Lincoln Properties was bringing in HEB to its huge redevelopment near the spillway at White Rock Lake (Gaston and East Grand/Garland Road), but it turned out to be this:

North Carolina grocer The Fresh Market plans stores near Arboretum and in Turtle Creek Village | Biz Beat Blog
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2013, 10:12 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,265,326 times
I liked the Fresh Markets in Miami, though FM is going up against stiff competition here with both Central Market and Trader Joe's, neither of which were in South Florida.

Old 08-21-2013, 07:50 AM

5,681 posts, read 9,703,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueDat View Post
I liked the Fresh Markets in Miami, though FM is going up against stiff competition here with both Central Market and Trader Joe's, neither of which were in South Florida.
The Fresh Market can find its niche. It's premium, but the experience feels SO much more relaxed than in a Whole Foods or Central Market, which can get frantic at times! I think it's a perfect fit for that particular area! Plus, <nerd alert!> I'm a sucker for classical music softly playing while I shop.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:47 AM

3,541 posts, read 6,983,657 times
When I was meeting with a broker at the International Council of Shopping Centers event in Vegas last year, we were told that HEB is definitely moving into the area, but it was going to be a slow, controlled growth. And that it would grow north from the Hill Country into outer lying areas. Think Burleson and Granbury. I highly doubt they'd skip to go up to Frisco. Although I wouldn't be surprised if they did a Central Market up there.

As far as empty Walmarts, they do have a separate real estate department that works to sell those buildings. Specifically for a Neighborhood Walmart, their contracts specifically prohibit another discount type company (Meijers, KMart) or grocery stores. IF the space is less than 35,000 sf. If it's over 35,000 sf that removes that prohibition.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:54 PM

4 posts, read 3,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
I heard it was legacy and main st.
It will be going in on the Northeast corner of Lebanon and 423, directly across from the new Tom Thumb.

Old 08-21-2013, 10:39 PM

213 posts, read 296,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
100% agree with your thesis - and it applies to luxury retailers like Christian Louboutin, DVF, Oscar de la Renta, etc who also chose Dallas as the 1st (or only) entry point to Texas and the Southwest.

One correction to your post: Kip Tindell started the Container Store in north Dallas in the 1970's and the company is still headquartered here in Coppell. So of course he chose Dallas first (he lived here!), not by strategic expansion like the others on your list.
Although there is currently not a store, Christian Louboutin first came to Houston in the late 70s and was there throughout the 80s. Ritz Carlton first bought Caroline Rose' Hunt's hotel property in River Oaks in the 80s and sold it years later to St. Regis.

Both Dallas and Houston markets are entry markets in the South and Southwest.

Old 08-21-2013, 11:52 PM

11,691 posts, read 21,339,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PostOak5115 View Post
Although there is currently not a store, Christian Louboutin first came to Houston in the late 70s and was there throughout the 80s.
Christian Louboutin founded his namesake shoe brand in 1991 and opened his first US boutique in 1993 - in Manhattan. I'm not sure what Houston store you could possibly be referring to in the 1970-1980's....

Christian Louboutin - Voguepedia

Old 08-22-2013, 12:57 PM

2,812 posts, read 3,583,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Made_it_To_the_Metroplex View Post
The Fresh Market can find its niche. It's premium, but the experience feels SO much more relaxed than in a Whole Foods or Central Market, which can get frantic at times! I think it's a perfect fit for that particular area! Plus, <nerd alert!> I'm a sucker for classical music softly playing while I shop.
The Fresh Market has a number of locations in the Chicago area, and I also miss it very much. I'd be thrilled if it made its way down to DFW!

Funny/weird thing - I used to shop at Central Market at least once a month when I lived a ways away from them. Now that I live within a mile of one, I've gone only once in the last 5 months. Go figure.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas