U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 11:29 AM

581 posts, read 748,652 times

Advertisements

Exxon's gigantic Houston-area campus won't overtake Irving as HQ - Dallas Business Journal

ExxonMobile must like Las Colinas and the location of DFW airport.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2013, 12:02 PM

7,283 posts, read 8,116,246 times
I'm surprised that anyone is surprised by this.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:28 PM

5,953 posts, read 7,492,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
I agree, the logic for putting the HQ in Irving rather than Houston still is true. So no news here other than to debunk all the erroneous speculation which was off the mark.

Note to Binkyman... its ExxonMobil with out an e on the end.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:37 PM

4,060 posts, read 5,184,845 times
Wow this should shut alot of Houstonians up.......

Old 08-19-2013, 12:38 PM

2,084 posts, read 2,447,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasboi View Post
They don't care about facts, so I doubt it

Old 08-19-2013, 12:43 PM

9,223 posts, read 13,446,220 times
Quote:
Nothing new here. Dallas media and Exxon Mobil seem to have to confirm this every few months (or basically, anytime new photos and info of the campus comes out). People in Houston have their eyes set on the vacant lot that Chevron owns, where their HQ will go (and no, not the recent 50 story tower proposed, but an additional one across the street).

Old 08-19-2013, 12:50 PM

Quote:
I didn't post this market report to shut up the Houstonians. By the way, the Houstonians sure have been quiet today.

Getting the world headquarters of ExxonMobil would have taken some of the sting out of the company deciding to go anti-skyscraper. Indeed, this isn't sky candy downtown, but a new complex in Spring that will now become one of the flattest and longest and widest corporate campuses in the world. They will even have a place to take care of future Exxon babies.

Old 08-19-2013, 12:56 PM

Default Binkyman's Market Report: What makes this decision by ExxonMobil really significant?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trae713 View Post
Nothing new here. Dallas media and Exxon Mobil seem to have to confirm this every few months (or basically, anytime new photos and info of the campus comes out). People in Houston have their eyes set on the vacant lot that Chevron owns, where their HQ will go (and no, not the recent 50 story tower proposed, but an additional one across the street).
Well, the present world headquarters of Exxon is sitting atop some incredibly prime real estate. Surely, when Exxon decides to go, which it surely will do so in the future, the building they are in will surely be demolished as it resides directly northeast of the booming urban district of Las Colinas, surely speaking.

So, Exxon seems to like Las Colinas enough, at least for now, to stay put. Figure in the future that land beneath them will rise in price enough to force them to move to Houston. It is going to happen sooner or later. Greasy oil and gas just likes being around other greasy oil and gas. That is just the way of the wind.

Old 08-19-2013, 02:29 PM

16,092 posts, read 35,779,846 times
I used to work for the company, so I see the patterns they follow. This reminds me of a joke I heard when I worked for them in Houston.

A guy asks another guy in the lobby: "Where is The Woodlands"?

"Do you know where Dallas is?"

Old 08-19-2013, 02:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Surprised? They are going to go. It is a sure deal. I think they like the drama involved. Look for them to move to Centerville, Texas first and stay there for about ten years just to anger all the skyscraper junkies in Houston. When they finally do get to Houston, which by that time will be Huntsville, they will build a ten million square foot tunnel to consolidate all their offices. All these executives own their own private jets for cripes sake. They can fly out of anywhere, anytime, for anyreason.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or