U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2013, 10:20 PM

74 posts, read 89,803 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone....I am new so here goes.....

Sis is moving to your city and needs some advice on where to live. The zip codes that she is checking out are 75052 and 76137. She needs something that is under $800 for a one bedroom apartment and is open to a townhome as well. The main criteria is that the area must be safe. Any help would be appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 07:05 AM

19,641 posts, read 53,545,549 times
The main criterion should be close to her job or college. She doesn't want a 2-hr drive each way! Tell us where that is and we can suggest choices.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:05 AM

6,947 posts, read 18,706,127 times
once you figure out why the individual is moving here, then you will know where she needs to be every day. There are apartment locators that are helpful, and you can always call the local police and find out how the crime is in the area and also at the specific apartment complexes under consideration

The DFW area is huge and is comprised of over 2 dozen cities and towns. So which city is she moving to, when you say "your city" because you gave zip codes for Grand Prairie and Haltom City/Fort Worth, 2 different cities quite far apart?

Old 08-23-2013, 07:49 PM

thanks for your replies.... Her job is located in Fort Worth and she is looking more towards that area, however if she can get more bang for her buck she will move to Grand Prairie. I knew the Dallas area was spread out but I had no idea that it would be so far each way? I was told that Fort Worth and Grand Prairie are fifteen minutes apart. Is this true? Does Dallas have something similar to Moderator cut: only realtor.com can be cited .com so that I can really help her check out some apartments? She has also sent me a list of apartments that she is checking out...

76137 zip code apartments....
The Fairmont
Greens of Fossil Lake
N Belterra
The Parkways on Prairie Creek
Advenir at Sheffield

75052 zip code...
Square
N Mission Mayfield Down

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 08-23-2013 at 08:11 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 08:35 PM

9,513 posts, read 19,529,556 times
Sure, the western boundary of Grand Prairie is 15 minutes to the eastern boundary of Fort Worth. But in reality, that is a fairly long drive, and she will spend a lot of money on gas... Better to live closer to work and not have such a long commute.

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM

6,848 posts, read 9,824,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kchryies View Post
I knew the Dallas area was spread out but I had no idea that it would be so far each way? I was told that Fort Worth and Grand Prairie are fifteen minutes apart. Is this true?
It's "close" as in, close as far as Texas miles go... which can be (commute time-wise) wayyy apart! As ChristieP indicated above, there is no reason to commit to a long commute when there are options readily available much closer to her job location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kchryies View Post
... Her job is located in Fort Worth and she is looking more towards that area...
Since her job is in Fort Worth, you might want to post your questions for apartment suggestions in the Fort Worth Forum instead (which is separate from this Dallas Forum), as you're likely to receive responses that are more in line and closer to her work location than we can suggest here.

Last edited by BstYet2Be; 08-23-2013 at 08:53 PM..

Old 08-23-2013, 11:38 PM

Thanks for all of your help, I will take my questions to the Fort Worth forum then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas