Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 01:42 PM

26 posts, read 101,658 times

Advertisements

I know this topic has probably been discussed ad nauseam...BUT, I need advice on where to rent in West Plano. I have 2 kids, High School and 6th grade. I definitely want West Plano Senior but not sure of the HS and middle school.

We have been thinking about:

Heritage at Lakeside
The Reserve at Charles Place

Which would you recommend? We are looking to spend 2.5K a month and need a 4br with 2 car garage. I don 't know if I can find a private house in W Plano for that amount.

Thanks y'all
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 04:01 PM

66 posts, read 127,733 times
Heritage at Lakeside is a convenient location and the small complex is pleasant enough to look at. I considered renting there a few years ago but found the prices very high considering the older finishes (e.g. grey linoleum counters, white appliances, carpet, etc). There are lots of nicer apartments for less money. Also check whether someone is finally going to start building something on that vacant land next door. I think I remember seeing a sign that something was in the works.

Those cautions aside, they do have some nice larger town homes and I can see why it might be appealing. Just do some shopping around first.

I remember going through the Reserve at Charles Place as well. I remember immediately discounting them because the apartments were so very dark. That may have been more about what they had on hand to show me though.

For a budget of up to 2.5K a month, look at houses and town homes for rent on Trulia.com There are quite a few that are within budget and in a good West Plano area (I searched for 75024)

Old 08-23-2013, 05:28 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,046 times
You can look at Villas at Chappell Hills. They have a nice three bed two bath plan with garage that is very nice. It is walking distance from Shops at Willowbend & a strip mall. It feeds to Renner Middle. I think it is within your budget. If you are fine with Frankford Middle then probably you can find a nice townhouse in Preston Villages near Ohio & Parker.

Old 08-26-2013, 12:05 PM

Which middle school is considered the top one?

Old 08-26-2013, 01:49 PM

262 posts, read 468,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinOutIn2013 View Post
Which middle school is considered the top one?

Rice Middle ==> Jasper High ==> Plano West Sr High path should be a very good option.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:13 PM

230 posts, read 398,228 times
Default Also

We are renting at Camden Legacy Park, albeit it's our 2nd week here...so far so good. The reason for renting here is exactly that pathway: Gulledge ementary to Plano West HS w/ all it feeds into in between for our little one, and my older one just started at Jasper HS today. Craming 4 bedroom home into two or even 3 bedroom apt may not be fun, but when you remember reasons why you are doing it all becomes clear, at least in our case.

Old 08-26-2013, 07:16 PM

55 posts, read 78,974 times
Brinker, Renner, Shepton and West Senior are in the same neighborhood so realtors told me that people prefer this stream as kids can bike or walk to all four schools. Its a bit pricy than other feeders.

Old 08-27-2013, 07:00 AM

718 posts, read 1,388,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roseball123 View Post
Rice Middle ==> Jasper High ==> Plano West Sr High path should be a very good option.
Those schools are the best in Plano , without any doubt , due to the very high ranking of Jasper .

Old 08-27-2013, 07:13 AM

55 posts, read 78,974 times
If Jasper is better than Shepton then why Plano West always performed better the Plano Senior? I guess it is not even an issue now as both Jasper & Shepton feed to Plano West now.

Old 08-27-2013, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by billydoc View Post
We are renting at Camden Legacy Park, albeit it's our 2nd week here...so far so good. The reason for renting here is exactly that pathway: Gulledge ementary to Plano West HS w/ all it feeds into in between for our little one, and my older one just started at Jasper HS today. Craming 4 bedroom home into two or even 3 bedroom apt may not be fun, but when you remember reasons why you are doing it all becomes clear, at least in our case.
How long are you renting for? We plan on renting for a year then buying....but I need a 4br apt!! lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas