Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2013, 08:34 PM

4 posts, read 6,124 times

Advertisements

Hello,

I'm currently doing some locations scouting for an independent film in the DFW area. I was looking for a location that had a Church out in the middle of nowhere(An old beat up church that looks like it's been through alot. The setting has to look like it's taking place during a war).

Another location would be that of a greenhouse/sunroom.

If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2013, 09:01 PM

2,413 posts, read 3,461,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergamotLocation View Post
Hello,

I'm currently doing some locations scouting for an independent film in the DFW area. I was looking for a location that had a Church out in the middle of nowhere(An old beat up church that looks like it's been through alot. The setting has to look like it's taking place during a war).

Another location would be that of a greenhouse/sunroom.

If anybody could help, it would be greatly appreciated.
Have you been around the Mineral Wells area? There's a former helicopter base out there with tons of creepy buildings and a prison in the old WW2 barracks. It comes off more post apocalyptic than war torn, but I'm sure there's a raggedy old church in the area.

Google 600 SW 3rd ave. Mineral Wells, tx 76067. Best I could find, the church is on the corner, across from the crack house.
Beech Army Hospital - a set on Flickr

The Hotel looks like it's been through a war:
[vimeo]10928107[/vimeo]
Matt Hawthorne Photography Baker Hotel Mineral Wells Fashion Photo Shoot on Vimeo

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 08-18-2013 at 09:12 PM..

Old 08-19-2013, 10:22 AM

5,251 posts, read 6,337,101 times
A relative was involved in a movie called "Red Wing" that was shot in Whiteright near the Texas/Oklahoma border last year. They shot in a small old church, and I think at least portions were set in the past. You may check that city out..

Old 08-19-2013, 12:53 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,011,493 times
There is a wonderful greenhouse behind 5002 Swiss Avenue. See 2013 Homes on Tour | Swiss Avenue Historic District Also many homes have sunrooms and porches.

Old 08-19-2013, 07:54 PM

Thank you everybody! I'm checking out the areas you have all recommend right now!

Old 08-24-2013, 11:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
Have you been around the Mineral Wells area? There's a former helicopter base out there with tons of creepy buildings and a prison in the old WW2 barracks. It comes off more post apocalyptic than war torn, but I'm sure there's a raggedy old church in the area.

Google 600 SW 3rd ave. Mineral Wells, tx 76067. Best I could find, the church is on the corner, across from the crack house.
Beech Army Hospital - a set on Flickr

The Hotel looks like it's been through a war:
[vimeo]10928107[/vimeo]
[vimeo]10928107[/vimeo]
Matt Hawthorne Photography Baker Hotel Mineral Wells Fashion Photo Shoot on Vimeo
Did you need permission from the city to shoot at the hospital?

Old 08-25-2013, 08:06 AM

2,413 posts, read 3,461,634 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bergamotLocation View Post
Did you need permission from the city to shoot at the hospital?
I didn't shoot there, but I have been to the area quite a bit. My Great grand parents live in-between Weatherford and Mineral Wells.

I would guess you probably would need permission from the city. The military dumped the property on the city after the base closed, and it's been a money pit from what I understand. I would contact their chamber of commerce, they'll make all the phone calls for you, and do anything they can for publicity. It's a cool little town to explore.

Mineral Wells TX Chamber of Commerce Home

Lots of filming goes on in that town. Some Prison Break episodes were filmed down by the Brazos river, Clark Gardens has been in a few movies, so I'm sure they'd welcome it.

Ghost Adventures- Season 7 Episode 13 Crazy Town: Full Episode - YouTube
Old Ft. Wolters video:

Chopper Pilot - YouTube
The National Gaurd is out there, but not where the hospital is.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HyN6r...e_gdata_player

Last edited by RonnieinDallas; 08-25-2013 at 08:27 AM..

Old 08-26-2013, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RonnieinDallas View Post
I didn't shoot there, but I have been to the area quite a bit. My Great grand parents live in-between Weatherford and Mineral Wells.

I would guess you probably would need permission from the city. The military dumped the property on the city after the base closed, and it's been a money pit from what I understand. I would contact their chamber of commerce, they'll make all the phone calls for you, and do anything they can for publicity. It's a cool little town to explore.

Mineral Wells TX Chamber of Commerce Home

Lots of filming goes on in that town. Some Prison Break episodes were filmed down by the Brazos river, Clark Gardens has been in a few movies, so I'm sure they'd welcome it.

Ghost Adventures- Season 7 Episode 13 Crazy Town: Full Episode - YouTube
Old Ft. Wolters video:

Chopper Pilot - YouTube
The National Gaurd is out there, but not where the hospital is.

MAG-41 ACOG.avi - YouTube
Thanks man! Cheers!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas