U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2013, 08:08 AM

794 posts, read 1,350,567 times

Advertisements

Plano just makes life easy with safety, central location, diversity,affordability, stellar schools,parks, recreation centers, shopping, dinning, children and grown up centered entertainment, proximity to Dallas, worship places for all religions and a whole lot more.

Avignon is located in most elite pocket of Plano. It has beautiful homes. I personally think that if you buy pre existing homes around it then you get more but if want new Toll Bro home then it is an ideal choice in DFW for location and schools. You'll be able to walk/bike to montessori, elementary, middle and high schools along with recreation center, theater, park, bank, doctors,salons,grocery,shopping and dinning.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 08:12 AM
teb

69 posts, read 70,089 times
lots of kids on drugs, google it, it was on 60 minutes.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:27 AM

1,528 posts, read 844,209 times
well, at least this newer part of the development has some sort of separation form that water tower. The lots still seem small in my opinion (they are somewhat deep, but I mean the distance between the houses), considering the house size and price they are asking.

Old 09-23-2013, 08:37 AM

13,403 posts, read 20,292,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teb View Post
That was years ago. Not to say there arent kids on drugs in Plano, but its not what it once was.

Old 09-23-2013, 09:02 AM

1,341 posts, read 4,312,199 times
Agreed with all of the above.. We are doing a trial and are in north Plano/south frisco. I am a minute from the 121, 5 minutes to McKinney /allen and 5 minutes to stone briar in frisco. The convenience can't be beat..there are differences if opinions on schools.. But Plano on paper is a top contender of the four districts. That being said the education, in my humble opinion is great at the other three schools.

We are looking at Avignon, richwoods, Phillips creek ranch. I grew up in a toll home so I get you. But there Are some realllyyyy nice pre existing homes. Only till we got here in person did I see that. Southlake and flower mound also have toll homes

Old 09-23-2013, 10:16 AM

1,161 posts, read 739,246 times
What are the lot sizes. Difference between 3000 sq.ft and 4000 sq.ft home is very negligible in percentage terms.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:47 AM

52 posts, read 190,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ritholtz View Post
What are the lot sizes. Difference between 3000 sq.ft and 4000 sq.ft home is very negligible in percentage terms.
Hi,
The lot sizes in the available homes at Norris Canyon are pretty large (about 14ksq ft for most) but they are awkwardly shaped and most are nearly 1/2 sloping hill. Norris Canyon is secluded in the hills.

The toll brother lots can go up to 15,000sq ft in Avignon.

Old 09-23-2013, 10:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GripeWater View Post
Plano just makes life easy with safety, central location, diversity,affordability, stellar schools,parks, recreation centers, shopping, dinning, children and grown up centered entertainment, proximity to Dallas, worship places for all religions and a whole lot more.

Avignon is located in most elite pocket of Plano. It has beautiful homes. I personally think that if you buy pre existing homes around it then you get more but if want new Toll Bro home then it is an ideal choice in DFW for location and schools. You'll be able to walk/bike to montessori, elementary, middle and high schools along with recreation center, theater, park, bank, doctors,salons,grocery,shopping and dinning.
I've been looking at some of the pre-existing homes. The thing I really like about Avignon is the clubhouse and Pool.

I know when house hunting my views can change. I started house hunting in California and it hit me that I need to move out of Cali. LoL
I'm definitely not set on any one thing. I do know that I want to be in Plano.

Thanks for the info!!

Old 09-23-2013, 11:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb View Post
I expect that in any Urban or Suburban areas across America.
Kids have access to drugs... parents are oblivious ( "My child will never").
Parents allow their children to have to much privacy.

Old 09-23-2013, 12:14 PM

23 posts, read 44,669 times
I visited Avignon recently. My honest opinion... the houses are lovely and a great price for the area and per square foot. The community center was very nice as well. However, the lots are so tiny that you are inches from your neighbor. The streets feel small and crowded for such large and pretty houses. It just felt odd to me.
However, if you care more about inside the house and location, it's fantastic. If you haven't driven through yet, do it before making a decision. You may love it or hate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas