U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2013, 12:42 PM

2,206 posts, read 3,792,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by teb View Post
lots of kids on drugs, google it, it was on 60 minutes.
Along with the infamous planted explosives on the "exploding" trucks.

Squirrel journalism

If it is on 60 minutes, then I assume it is false.
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2013, 01:27 PM

951 posts, read 1,418,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by williams18 View Post
I visited Avignon recently. My honest opinion... the houses are lovely and a great price for the area and per square foot. The community center was very nice as well. However, the lots are so tiny that you are inches from your neighbor. The streets feel small and crowded for such large and pretty houses. It just felt odd to me.
However, if you care more about inside the house and location, it's fantastic. If you haven't driven through yet, do it before making a decision. You may love it or hate it.
I think the toll lots with the backyard facing the woods are not tiny at all. You might be thinking of the other lots closer to the water tower.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:44 PM

23 posts, read 44,634 times
You may be right; I believe I walked through KHov houses.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:57 PM

1,522 posts, read 842,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenzyrider View Post
I think the toll lots with the backyard facing the woods are not tiny at all. You might be thinking of the other lots closer to the water tower.
No, certainly not tiny, quite larger than the older phases close to the tower. But still many of the houses seem to be bunched close to each other laterally. Looks to me many of the lots are about 75 feet wide, which is not that little for around here, but when you put a very large house on it, depends the the exact footprint.

Old 09-24-2013, 06:26 AM

794 posts, read 1,349,803 times
Plano had some drug issues like 15 years ago, recent story was about Plano, Illinois. With three top tier senior high schools, six high schools and three academies for Health Sciences, International Baccalaureate and STEAM, PISD gives you choices that no DFW district can.

Old 09-24-2013, 08:50 AM

794 posts, read 1,349,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenyasWorld View Post
I've been looking at some of the pre-existing homes. The thing I really like about Avignon is the clubhouse and Pool.
There are pre existing neighborhoods around Avignon with golf course, club house, pools, gym, tennis courts etc. my point is that with a pool in your backyard, you don't really need to pay high HOA, and we do have three recreation centers in Plano with negligible membership fee. All three have good swiming facilities and then you also have pools next to Williams High & Schimelpfenig Middle. If you need exclusivity then there are four country clubs in Plano. Community pool idea is good for under $250k homes where most homes have no pools.

Last edited by GripeWater; 09-24-2013 at 09:00 AM..

Old 09-25-2013, 02:00 PM

115 posts, read 180,511 times
Thanks for the topic Kenyasworld! Not sure if we will move to W. Plano, but took a look see today, and I think the community is really nice. Great location and the houses are beautiful. The lots along the creek are really nice as they back to the wooded area where bike paths are. Almost all lots are 75 ft across, they vary in how deep back they go. The largest lots left are @10,000 sq. ft. I believe there are 13 toll lots left.

KHov still has lots sitting there, but they are right underneath the power line. On the far side where Toll is building I hardly noticed the water tower. My hesitation is that I'm not sure we want such large schools, and while the schools seem great on paper, I have heard mixed things about Brinker.

We did look at older, larger homes in W. Plano at a lower price point....the problem is nothing seems to have been done in these homes since the early nineties. New flooring, cabinetry, new kitchens(!) would all need to be done. We also saw one house that had extensive water damage to front and windows...bad, bad.

Moving in and not having to do a thing is oh, so tempting!

Old 09-25-2013, 07:07 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,310,307 times
If you want to compare the "tolls". Discussions of richwoods vs Avignon have been discussed. I like the stucco feel that toll will allow. Another place to consider is starwood in frisco. I just met someone who has an 8000 square foot home in there. I have never been..but they seem to love it.

I have not been in to compare the two...but I have seen some richwoods homes that are being built and the stucco ones look quite nice...especially the ones that are on the corner having some greenspace.

I drive by lawler park as well..and those homes also are lovely (have not been in there yet). The access to the freeway cant be beat.

Toll Brothers - Richwoods

Might be worth a comparison for laughs.

Old 09-25-2013, 08:26 PM

11 posts, read 22,017 times
Default Frisco had highest foreclosure

Location location location..

I looked into some data that my realtor sent. It shows from 2006 to 2010 frisco real estate was under a lot of stress mainly due to location. When gas prices hit $4...you can expect frisco, allen, McKinney to take a hit not plano and not west plano..

Majority of jobs in DFW are in downtown dallas followed by las Colinas, plano and then the high 5 /75/Richardson area..depending on where you work..you can make a decision.

Toll brother Phase III Avignon is almost sold out..

And majority here from what I see are transplants from other parts of DFW

including frisco, allen, McKinney, willow bend, from older homes around Avignon etc..

good luck..

Old 09-25-2013, 08:40 PM

11 posts, read 22,017 times
Default New construction

most searched words on yahoo ?

Yahoo reported in june 2013 that the most searched on their website was new construction..

they say the search for new construction jumped 900% from last year..

You can call it low interest rate craze..but people don't care..they want new construction...period..

Regarding south Asians moving from rice/russel creek feeder to here is on the money and good observation.

Its partly new money, location and smart investment choice..( low interest rate )

Plano real estate data shows .. anything west of preston and east of toll way.. is going to be the GOLD MINE.. I expect migration from rice/russel creek south Asians to this area get stronger and will continue to be so in the next 5 years or so..and as someone pointed out will balance out school ratings at renner/brinker/shepton and plano west..

Good for people that invested in this area and/or planning to invest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas