Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 12:31 AM

581 posts, read 919,017 times

Advertisements

I plan on incorporating webcites to all these game changers later on.

The number one real game changer in the Dallas area is what has been going on in the Telecom Corridor recently, developments which will work to double the amount of class A space in the area. I'm talking about the Texas Blue Cross and Blue Shield development which has already been completed and the State Farm development now under construction. Along with these developments is the possible development by Raytheon to build right next to State Farm. And these developments have kicked off a few urban styled residential projects as well.

The number two real game changer is the 1.5 billion dollar Nebraska Furniture Mart now under construction in The Colony. There is a lot of activity going on in this whole area of far North Dallas including Hines announcing the start of a development at the intersection of 121 and North Dallas Tollway along with numerous office buildings under construction that are starting to go vertical in height into the 12 to 14 story range. That is rather tall for Legacy office park standards.

The number three real game changer is the Trinity River development Fort Worth just launched. I have little doubt Fort Worth will accomplish this development to go along with its ever expanding Sundance Square development, gentrification of its medical district south of downtown, and the endless beautification which is constantly going west of downtown in the area of its Art's District.

The forth game changer is in Irving and is one that I now have serous doubts about. This involves the vast development planned for the demolished Texas Stadium cite a total area when incorporated will be larger than downtown Dallas. I just can't see developers building any retail here as retail for the DFW / Irving Aeropolis has already happened extensively in and about Southlake, southern Grapevine and north of Las Colinas on 635. As it stands now, I don't think any developer can even guess as to how this property should be utilized. So, this game changer should be considered pie in the sky for now.

The fifth game changer is the Midtown development east of the Dallas Galleria incorporating the old Valley View cite. This gamechanger shouldn't even be considered until two years before the completion of the LBJ freeway. So, for now, it isn't even pie in the sky.

Have I forgotten to mention any game changers? I'm thinking of adding one for the central core of Dallas. Can you guess what that might be? I think the new terminal at Love Field and the dropping of its flight restrictions is one. Can you think of another?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2013, 07:54 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,480,896 times
have I missed something--didn't think Love Field restrictions were over...

Old 09-03-2013, 08:10 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,095,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
have I missed something--didn't think Love Field restrictions were over...
We're 13 months away- October 2014 is the Wright Ammendment expiration date.

Southwest Airlines gears up for freedom from Dallas Love Field handcuffs | Dallasnews.com - News for Dallas, Texas - The Dallas Morning News

Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 AM

13,194 posts, read 28,095,141 times
Turtle Creek Village - at Blackburn & Oak Lawn- is the biggest in-town development, IMO. It's the largest chunk of land (2.5 acres) from Northwest Highway to Downtown that is a "blank slate" for reimagination & redevelopment AND in an A++ location.

It breaks ground this fall and opens next October or November. Basically a second "West Village" type development on the west side of Turtle Creek. The first retailer to announce plans to open there is North Carolina's Fresh Market, the first store in Texas and a much needed grocery store option for the North Oak Lawn / Turtle Creek area. Tom Thumb vacated the original Turtle Creek Village quite a few years ago.

I have read reports that the center is about 70% leased and Lincoln has more tenant applicants than space available!

http://www.lpcretail.com/wp-content/...opy_040213.pdf

Old 09-03-2013, 08:19 AM

2,110 posts, read 6,434,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurtleCreek80 View Post
Looking forward to it! Finally no more stopping on SWA flights.

Old 09-03-2013, 08:27 AM

24,561 posts, read 40,083,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by binkyman View Post
I plan on incorporating webcites to all these game changers later on.
Who is binkyman and why should we listen to him?

Old 09-03-2013, 08:39 AM

2,348 posts, read 4,795,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDGeek View Post
Who is binkyman and why should we listen to him?
You know better than to ask that question!

He's the great and omnipotent Oz here on City data as far as I am concerned!

Old 09-03-2013, 10:03 AM

5,248 posts, read 6,332,247 times
Old Tx Stadium location is garbage. It's surrounded by freeways and warehouses, and there's nothing wrong with freeways and warehouses, but they certainly are not game changers. That's why the site has been leased for 10 years for freeway building junk storage.

If you want retail or office, it makes more sense to put it 5 minutes away around Lake Carolyn. Plenty of empty space there.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:59 AM

1,212 posts, read 2,282,906 times
I would add as another significant event the development of the Design District. Personally, I used to go there every 5 years to look at rugs, overpriced furniture, etc. However, with the openings of Oak, Meddlesome Moth, FT33, etc, plus the new apartments, it appears that this area of town, which is close to downtown, is coming along nicely. My visits are now monthly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas