U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2013, 02:19 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,823,301 times

Advertisements

I'm not impressed by either of the Toll Brothers developments in Flower Mound--actually drove through them with my mom this past weekend. Tiny lots and crappy locations. I would NOT want to be directly on 2499. With your budget, I'd say you would be much better off buying an existing home if you choose Flower Mound.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2013, 12:33 AM

1,161 posts, read 740,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mSooner View Post
I'm not impressed by either of the Toll Brothers developments in Flower Mound--actually drove through them with my mom this past weekend. Tiny lots and crappy locations. I would NOT want to be directly on 2499. With your budget, I'd say you would be much better off buying an existing home if you choose Flower Mound.
OP,
There was a Toll brothers development near Vickery Elem. Very nice homes and lots. We avoided them considering school rating during that time. Now, it is rezoned to good elem school. Not sure if they have any homes left.

During my search for homes, I noticed that Wellington sub division was more desirable in FM within our target budget (upper 300's). We probably liked 4-5 homes in this community. We missed every one of them by hesitating/thinking for few hours to a single day.

Search for Wellington, Bridlewood and Flower mound in these forums. There is lot of info given by members for areas to concentrate and preferred sides. I noticed lot of difference in housing prices, desirability in FM based on the location.

Old 09-18-2013, 01:40 AM

27,581 posts, read 45,029,595 times
@mSooner--
think about what you said--
look at how old the original developments in Flower Mound (or any local town) are...
of COURSE most new developments are in bad locations---the better ones were taken decades ago...

read that new development in SW Arlington in area by Tierra Verde is going through even though townpeople aren't happy--
the area was help off market for years in expectation that it would be added as park but now going to residential development--
will be more expensive than most of the housing in the Eden Road area even though is only 250K or less--so not MacMansions needless to say--
although there ARE some expensive homes that have gone in that area...

it is VERY difficult to find locations for new developments that are attractive--
simply because if it was good 50 yrs ago, then it is gone now...

the Veridian development in Arlington along 157 across from the dump is going great guns--
that is new but most long-time residents would not consider it to be a "great location" because they know the history of the area...being across from a landfill and in what used to be considered a flood plain of the Trinity River
new people with little knowledge of history might just think it is good because it is north of the two stadiums and fairly close to I30 for commute to Dallas or FTW...good luck with that...

Old 09-18-2013, 05:59 AM

9,515 posts, read 19,538,289 times
I agree about Viridian. I just laugh at people paying $$$ for homes in the river bottoms by the dump...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or