Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:58 AM

14,862 posts, read 42,877,627 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
ROWLETTAXPAYER---I don't have a dog in the hunt either but if MY trash pilled up from one trash pickup day to the next---my neighborhood HOA and my neighbors would have been calling the trash contractor, the city, and the health inspector--
I think it is pretty unlikely that your trash went that long IF what you had out for pickup was legal---
neighbors who put out tree limbs that aren't packaged correctly or items like old paint or tvs WON"T have them picked up because they are not supposed to be...
Nope, Rowletttaxpayer is right. When we lived there many times our trash would be missed once the city went to ISE (or whatever their name is) as did others around us and our HOA was a stictler for that. It happened all the time and we would call the city AND the company doing the trash pickup. Doubt much has changed as I'm still good friends w/ most of our neighbors and have a relative that works for that city. Even their city forum residents complain about this one thing ALL THE TIME and the high rates charged for it. Heck, they can't even take their own garbage to the landfill w/o having to pay a fee to do so.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2008, 10:26 AM

113 posts, read 427,719 times
You are allowed two free drop offs at the dump, great when you are remodeling and need to get rid off old carpet or tile, I never had any issues with my trash being picked up since ive been here, like i said before anyone considering rowlett needs to come see it for yourself, thats what i did and love it here......

Old 07-08-2008, 09:58 PM

6 posts, read 12,969 times
We like Rowlett alot, great sense of community, and i love driving over the lake everyday!! My husbad, our 2 boys, and myself have been here for about 2 years, and have met lots of nice people. We are selling our house becuase we need more space, just thought i would offer up the link if you want to check it out. Many upgrades and great location!!

Ebby Halliday REALTORS | 8202 Freeman Dr | Dallas Real Estate | DFW Homes | Fort Worth Real Estate (http://www.ebby.com/details/319610.html - broken link)

Good luck on your move! FYI...the water is high here for some reason! But you will find little quirks about every town you look at!!

Old 08-10-2008, 06:48 AM

6 posts, read 21,720 times
Default trash

I live in Rowlett and we place bulk items (tree limbs etc) out by the curb about every two months. All we have to do is call the trash service and they never fail to pick it up and the regular trash cans too. No complaints whatsoever, only friendly service.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 PM

33 posts, read 79,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlett21 View Post
I live in Rowlett and we place bulk items (tree limbs etc) out by the curb about every two months. All we have to do is call the trash service and they never fail to pick it up and the regular trash cans too. No complaints whatsoever, only friendly service.

IESE does have a problem. Mine gets missed very often since I live at a corner lot and girls working for IESI? do not help very much or don't know what to do very much nor friendly. However, there is very nice gentleman working there helping me all the time though.

Mine was missed 4 times in a row this year. I had to call everytime. They recognize my voice now.

As ppl complains, water bill is too high and due to the low house price, neighborhoold keeps changing and it seems to get bad now.

Old 03-11-2009, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 1,974 times
Rowlett has the most expensive and worst trash pick up of any city around. We have lived out here for 28 years. We pay 22.42 a month to have 2 trash cans picked up on a weekly basis. That is expensive especially when they don't bother to pick it up half of the time. I even call to the city manager to complain about it. Today, I get a red tag on one of my cans saying it is too close to the gas meter to be picked up. We went out and measured it. It is more than 4 feet from the meter. This happens all of the time. People put out their trash recepticles and IESI skips approx. 1/2 of them with trash strown all over the ally way. Don't bother calling to complaib because once they recongnize your phone number they simply do not bother to answer your call. This makes Rowlett one place I would mark off your list of prospective homes. Oh and DON'T EVEN LOOK AT YOUR WATER BILL...IT IS OUTRAGEOUS!! NOTHING YOU CAN DO...NO ONE CARES....WE GAVE UP LONG AGO ON THESE TYPES OF ISSUES.

Old 03-12-2009, 10:43 AM

2,482 posts, read 6,532,564 times
kaait,

I have no problem with my trash service or the bill. Trust me it's low conpared to other places I live...as for the water as well. I like where I live and the small town feel. We are moving up in the population, but as long as we continue to work to improve Rowlett we are on the right track.

Old 08-07-2010, 09:59 AM

1 posts, read 1,551 times
I just have to say...after YEARS of reading the official 'Rowlett Basher' momof2dfw I find it extremly coincidental that such a 'terrible' community that she makes Rowlett out to be, is Money Magazine's #24 Best Places to Live 2010...hmmmm..

Old 08-07-2010, 09:49 PM

3,820 posts, read 8,747,540 times
For all of those in Rowlett with complaints about trash: Find out when the contract is up for renewal and if they are planning to bid. Then get extremely vocal to the Council when it is on the agenda.

In Murphy Waste Management was the provider for 10 years and really seemed to think they had a lock and took some liberties. The Council/Staff committee that looked at the proposals recommended another provider. However, WM contacted the residents and made promises to add things to the contract to benefit the residents. Council got like 300+ emails in favor of keeping WM. And Council ultimately went not with the recommended provider, but an amended bid from WM after a hearty discussion with Council.

And in the end WM has given FAR better service this time around. I think they got the message that the same citizen momentum that helped them could also hurt them if they didn't straighten up and fly right.

Old 08-08-2010, 11:28 AM

171 posts, read 545,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rowlett_Cheer_Mom View Post
I just have to say...after YEARS of reading the official 'Rowlett Basher' momof2dfw I find it extremly coincidental that such a 'terrible' community that she makes Rowlett out to be, is Money Magazine's #24 Best Places to Live 2010...hmmmm..
If ya pay enough you can get on any list you want
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas