U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-01-2013, 02:48 PM

22 posts, read 68,617 times

Advertisements

I would love some recommendations of cities that are within a one hour distance of Irving that are a little more rural and have acreage. We hope to have 1 acre or more and prefer an area that might have some hills. Schools are not as important because we homeschool and I would prefer to stay under 400k if possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2013, 02:57 PM

9,504 posts, read 19,501,660 times
Argyle or western Flower Mound

Old 10-01-2013, 06:04 PM

1,488 posts, read 2,559,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spudmom View Post
I would love some recommendations of cities that are within a one hour distance of Irving that are a little more rural and have acreage. We hope to have 1 acre or more and prefer an area that might have some hills. Schools are not as important because we homeschool and I would prefer to stay under 400k if possible. Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I'm new to the area myself, so all I can tell you about is what's around me. My wife and I just bought a house in the Keller / Southlake area with an acre lot. I pulled it up on mapquest and it looks like you wouldn't have any problem getting to Irving in under an hour during rush hour, but someone else may have more experience with that (I drive to downtown Fort Worth).

We're in the Keller addresses of 76262. Most of the homes are late 80's, acre lots, mature trees (we've got ash, elm, oak, pecan, cedar, etc), no street lights.... we're absolutely in love with it. Only about a 10 minute drive to Costco and the Southlake town center, 5 minutes to all other shopping.

This house is a bit more than you'd asked for, but to give you an idea it's for sale and a few houses down from us.

1717 Bellechase Dr, Keller, TX 76262 - Home For Sale and Real Estate Listing - realtor.com®

Other homes in the area are going for somewhere between $350k and $500k

Old 10-01-2013, 08:13 PM

9,504 posts, read 19,501,660 times
Under $400k isn't going to buy acreage in Southlake. That will buy an older home needing updates on a normal lot.

Keller will be a long haul to Irving. You will be driving on 114, which has a lot of traffic going east in the mornings.

Do you want acreage for horses, or for privacy? This will make a difference. If it's for a horse, you will need at least one acre of pasture space PER horse, so at least 1.5 acres for a single horse since your lot would also include your house.

Old 10-02-2013, 12:41 PM

3,166 posts, read 4,813,434 times
West Flower Mound is going to be hard on that budget, but you might find something. Try Copper Canyon and Bartonville
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or