U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 03:19 PM

1,067 posts, read 3,922,650 times

Advertisements

I use to live maybe 1/2 mile from that house. We were all essentially part of the same area. My neighborhood was Thoroughbred Hills. You could see the top of my roof from that street if you were to exit the short road Camp Wisdom, feeding onto Cedar Ridge. I was shocked to find that out and know now what the cars that were parked there were for. I passed that house on a daily basis and always wondered what was happening on the weekends there. Sometimes there were
several cars, sometimes not so many. Thoroughbred Hills had home owners dues but I believe that area did not.

Anyways, intresting what you find out about your neighbors when you move away...

Old 11-19-2007, 04:00 PM

875 posts, read 114,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaykay View Post
Totally agree, ladysrodgers.
Thank you.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:08 PM

1,519 posts, read 3,568,540 times
I have to say, if that was occurring in my neighborhood, I'd either move or I'd sue for injunctive relief for the nuisance of having a sexually oriented business on my residential street.

Either way, it's gross and people who live in a residential neighborhood should not have to put up with it. If you choose to move next door to a strip club, it's one thing. But when the sexually oriented organization moves next door, you have a problem.

One does not have to make judgment on the people who frequent the house to be appalled by it. This is why we have zoning in the first place. A sexually oriented organization should not be able to move next door.

Old 11-19-2007, 04:14 PM

875 posts, read 114,180 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post
I have to say, if that was occurring in my neighborhood, I'd either move or I'd sue for injunctive relief for the nuisance of having a sexually oriented business on my residential street.

Either way, it's gross and people who live in a residential neighborhood should not have to put up with it. If you choose to move next door to a strip club, it's one thing. But when the sexually oriented organization moves next door, you have a problem.

One does not have to make judgment on the people who frequent the house to be appalled by it. This is why we have zoning in the first place. A sexually oriented organization should not be able to move next door.
Very well said!

Old 11-19-2007, 04:22 PM

2,930 posts, read 4,570,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonpl View Post

What "protects" you from having kinky neighbors move in next door and invite anything that moves over every night? Why do you need to be protected from what goes on in the privacy of their home?

Old 11-19-2007, 07:17 PM

45 posts, read 127,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twojciac View Post
What "protects" you from having kinky neighbors move in next door and invite anything that moves over every night? Why do you need to be protected from what goes on in the privacy of their home?
That's what I was thinking. If the people were walking around naked outside for all to see that would be one thing. But if they are inside and you can't see in, then I don't see the harm being done to the neighborhood. (Besides the parking issue)

Old 11-19-2007, 10:42 PM

1,006 posts, read 2,434,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stargazer View Post
I use to live maybe 1/2 mile from that house. We were all essentially part of the same area. My neighborhood was Thoroughbred Hills. You could see the top of my roof from that street if you were to exit the short road Camp Wisdom, feeding onto Cedar Ridge. I was shocked to find that out and know now what the cars that were parked there were for. I passed that house on a daily basis and always wondered what was happening on the weekends there. Sometimes there were
several cars, sometimes not so many. Thoroughbred Hills had home owners dues but I believe that area did not.

Anyways, intresting what you find out about your neighbors when you move away...
So you lived half a mile away and didn't even know that this was a sexually oriented establishment? No marauding gangs of horny people out to seduce chaste maids and innocent children?

Appropriate name "Thoroughbred Hills".

Old 11-19-2007, 11:43 PM

1,067 posts, read 3,922,650 times
That neighborhood inparticular is not the typical neighborhood with curbs and sidewalks. Kids are not everywhere in the streets on their bikes or on their yards playing infact most of the residents over there are older with grown kids . The lots are pretty well spread out too. It doesn't have a town feel to it at all ... I lived far enough away apparently that they did not bother me, I did though wonder what was going on. Hey I had no idea at all.... I was once told I was lucky to live in the neighorhood I did because outside of the gates it was pretty bad... Now I am thinking about what the person told me and wonder if that is what she meant( she is dead now)My neighborhood inparticular had a decorative fence and nothing there for security.

The concern though with me is the Boy Scout encampment just yards away. It hasn't happened yet but they could attract someone who is a pedophile to the party . It truly would give the pedophile the know of that over there. Yes I agree that this really doesn't have a place over there. They state they are a club. The Lions Club probably could not set up a meeting hall there, nor could you have the Rotary Club having official meetings... I view this no different since the side of the street they are off of is residential.

Old 11-20-2007, 03:14 AM

3,035 posts, read 4,761,508 times
The fact they are a club shouldnt make it wrong for them to have meetings at their house. What about all the Girl Scout, Tupperware Parties, Avon Parties, etc, that take place in homes. I think the fact that is a "sex" party is what has everyone so up in arms. WHO CARES!!! Why is sex STILL such a taboo subject in this Country. We all have it, well some of us do. Like I and others have already posted, its not like these are out in their front yards trying to reenact the movies Debbie Does Dallas or Caligula. I bet if someone really looked further into the reason why this has come to light, is someone was rejected, and is getting even.

Last edited by TXTwizter; 11-20-2007 at 03:56 AM..

Old 11-20-2007, 06:18 AM

3,035 posts, read 4,761,508 times
UPDATE:

cbs11tv.com - The Cherry Pit Swingers Club Offers Another Compromise To Duncanville City Officials (http://cbs11tv.com/local/city.of.duncanville.2.571564.html - broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas