Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 10:04 PM

6,631 posts, read 9,853,581 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyTucker View Post
Simmer down people. The truth hurts. Go back to your ostentatious lifestyle. Have fun driving around in your cheesy BMW's. It's so Dallas.
Do you actually live in Dallas or the suburbs?

How can you not have fun in one of the largest cities in America?

Old 10-16-2013, 10:15 PM

4,153 posts, read 9,236,840 times
Quote:
Simmer down people. The truth hurts. Go back to your ostentatious lifestyle. Have fun driving around in your cheesy BMW's. It's so Dallas.
You're trying hard to be insulting.

Texas and Louisiana are Polar opposites, I mean way different cultures. It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is. If you're finding one more entertaining than the other, man up and move. Geez, it's not Rocket Science, you're not going to hurt my feelings if you move.

Old 10-16-2013, 10:31 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,433,561 times
Quote:
And here you prove that you are nothing but a troll. Dallas is Not New Orleans, of course it's not. How many cities would prove as much fun as New Orleans, NYC, Key West, etc...? It's not a crazy tourist destination and has never tried to be one, but there are plenty things to do here.

Old 10-16-2013, 11:50 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,764,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
I'm from New Orleans and can see where the OP is coming from.
Dallas is a good place to live but New Orleans is a good place to live too and much better to visit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTRay View Post
You're trying hard to be insulting.

Texas and Louisiana are Polar opposites, I mean way different cultures. It's not a bad thing, it's just what it is. If you're finding one more entertaining than the other, man up and move. Geez, it's not Rocket Science, you're not going to hurt my feelings if you move.
Ah, it seems we've all been lead to believe that the OP actually likes and prefers NOLA!

Not!!! Just a quick review of the OP's previous posts reveals that the same type negative statements have been equally shed on the NOLA forum peeps as well.

Just exactly what the Ignore feature was made for!

Old 10-17-2013, 07:02 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,626,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vinhmen View Post
Lots of sensitive folks on these boards, but OP is correct in the sense Dallas is kind of a boring city to live in. Good to place to work and raise family, but when visitors ask about must-see or do, I tell them Kennedy site, shopping and ... Ft Worth?
I think you're confusing fun with a tourist city. Dallas is not a sight seeing city. It's a city with excellent shopping and eating and a good nightlife. It's not a a place to go to sight see.
Comparing Dallas and New Orleans food wise, New Orleans has excellent local cuisine with good seafood that is better than Dallas. Dallas has excellent ethnic food variety that New Orleans can't touch.

Quote:
You're trying too hard to be insulting. You need to be more credible to be a good troll.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:53 AM

477 posts, read 1,046,629 times
New Orleans has most of that as well too though. World class Zoo. Dallas Zoo sucks in comparison. I did hear Ft Worth zoo is 100x better than Dallas. It has an awesome aquarium on the riverfront. Insectarium. Historic sites all over the place. Plantations, Historic mansions in the Garden District. Etc.
Live music all over the place. Are you kidding me with the music?
When I first got here and asked what to do, several people started rattling off the list of local malls. Dallas does have Nola beat there.

I like Dallas for what it is. New Orleans is a better place to visit hands down.
As for crime, if you're not a criminal or unfortunate enough to live in criminal sections your chances of experiencing violent crime are VERY small. Lakeview,Metairie, Old Metairie, Kenner, etc are all just as safe as Richardson, Dallas, Garland etc.
I've seen more violent crime in what are considered"good" areas here on the news in Dallas than on Nola news btw.
Quote:
Originally Posted by EDS_ View Post
Agreed. Cluelessness is a big player in these threads.

A few unusual things I like to do/show to out of towners........

1. Cavanaugh Air Museum, most of their birds fly and flights may be arranged in some of them if one has the stones.
2. Frontiers of Flight at Love Field
3. Daylight mansion cruises along Essex, Strait Lane, Park Lane, Turtle Creek, Volk Estates, Beverly Drive etc. Out of towners are floored.
4. The Warren Deck Park
5. Tacos at Fuel City
6. Lunch at Adelmo's
7. DMA, Kimbell, Meyerson, Bass Hall, Nasher
8. Dinner and drinks in The Belmont at BarBelmont or Smoke especially at sunset looking towards downtown.
9. Squeezing off a few rounds at Elm Fork.
10. Shopping for guns, ammo and hardware at Ray's.
11. The World Aquarium
12. Drinking and eating in Bishop Arts
13. The Big Four pro-sports plus pro soccer plus horse racing plus TMS and fun college sports
14. Downtown Fort Worth and 7th Street
15. Music concerts every night
17. Cool live music
18. Dallas Zoo, Fort Worth Zoo
19. Checking out Fair Park when the fair is not going on.
20. Drinking wine at Mercy (Addison)

Also to the guy claiming the NOLA is safe. The FBI says NOLA has one of the very worst violent crime rates in the country and that's not limited to the Ninth Ward.

ETA - http://www.dallasnews.com/entertainm...l-and-more.ece

Old 10-17-2013, 08:22 AM

13,384 posts, read 25,626,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by globe9 View Post
New Orleans has most of that as well too though. World class Zoo. Dallas Zoo sucks in comparison. I did hear Ft Worth zoo is 100x better than Dallas. It has an awesome aquarium on the riverfront. Insectarium. Historic sites all over the place. Plantations, Historic mansions in the Garden District. Etc.
Live music all over the place. Are you kidding me with the music?
When I first got here and asked what to do, several people started rattling off the list of local malls. Dallas does have Nola beat there.

I like Dallas for what it is. New Orleans is a better place to visit hands down.
As for crime, if you're not a criminal or unfortunate enough to live in criminal sections your chances of experiencing violent crime are VERY small. Lakeview,Metairie, Old Metairie, Kenner, etc are all just as safe as Richardson, Dallas, Garland etc.
I've seen more violent crime in what are considered"good" areas here on the news in Dallas than on Nola news btw.
Ive been to the Dallas and New Orleans aquarium. The one in Dallas is far better. You are correct about the New Orleans zoo though. Way better than the Dallas zoo.

As for asking people what to do and them giving you malls, they are stupid. There are tons of festivals here to enjoy. Im not saying its like New Orleans, but saying all we have is malls is idiotic.

Im not disagreeing with New Orleans being a better city to visit. But Dallas is not a boring city in the slightest.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:12 AM

477 posts, read 1,046,629 times
I don't think Dallas is boring. I never said that. I wouldn't have even entered this thread if not for a few ignorant comments about going to New Orleans and getting murdered which is absurd.
I do think New Orleans is a much better tourist destination and also has just as much to offer than Dallas, a city probably 10x it's size.
The fact that the OP included Baton Rouge in his post should tell you he's probably trolling

Dallas is a great place to live. Would I have chosen it if my job hadnt transferred me? Probably not, but that's b/c I like mountains and scenery.

Old 10-17-2013, 10:18 AM

4,153 posts, read 9,236,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BstYet2Be View Post
Ah, it seems we've all been lead to believe that the OP actually likes and prefers NOLA!

Not!!! Just a quick review of the OP's previous posts reveals that the same type negative statements have been equally shed on the NOLA forum peeps as well.

Just exactly what the Ignore feature was made for!

OIC, we have a word for these people but I've been reprimanded for agreeing which such word. So he is what must not be said...

Old 10-17-2013, 11:39 AM

8,928 posts, read 14,269,676 times
At the end of the day, New Orleans is the city whose vibrancy, history, food and attractions are world-renowned. Even outside of the festivals and major events, it's still a town bustling with generations-old culture. Dallas...not so much. The same is true for Houston and Austin, in my opinion, so this is not a knock on the city.

No city has everything. Both Dallas and New Orleans have their pros and cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas