Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 01:21 PM

1,429 posts, read 1,776,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdm1 View Post
numbersguy100: Your answer was not the proper answer to my question. TY.

dental257: Unrelated answer.

tcualum: Thank you for responding dental257, he seems not to get the point.

nobodysbusiness: Does this means I can go sleep with your sister, mother, aunt, daughter perhaps? It's completely natural we are all mammals. Maybe you are the one who had been programmed without knowing it.

[mod cut]
You asked what you can do. In my opinion, the best way to extricate yourself from the situation is to move, given the other details you laid out. You don't like my answer because you don't think you should have to move to solve a problem that is someone else's fault. And while it sucks, it sounds unlikely that the management company/landlord is going to do something. So in all likelihood your two options are to continue with the status quo, or to move. Don't ask for opinions if you are only willing to accept the advice of someone who tells you that you can have whatever you want in life just because you think you should be able to.

Last edited by Acntx; 10-12-2017 at 03:00 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2018, 08:28 PM

1 posts, read 725 times
Imagine that a single mother wants to rent a one-bedroom apartment for herself and her young child, but the landlord insists that the child must have her own bedroom. This would mean the mother must rent a two-bedroom apartment at a higher monthly rent. If many landlords had such a rule, it could take several months until the mother finds a landlord who would rent a one-bedroom apartment for her.

Fortunately for apartment hunters, the FHA bars landlords from making rules that limit housing choices for families with children. As the parent or guardian of children, you get to make the parenting decisions, which includes choosing a sleeping arrangement that you feel works best for your family and your budget. The law requires landlords to stay out of that sort of decision-making.
2018 SOURCE: [url]https://www.thespruce.com/landlord-restrictions-on-bedroomsharing-plans-156036[/url]

Old 07-04-2018, 06:42 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
Look up the law in Texas and see what it says yourself.
Also, you should not allow your child to sleep with you, he should have been in his own bed shortly after he was born.
Are you going to allow him to sleep with you when he is 5? 10? 18?
Stick with non-personal comments

Old 07-04-2018, 09:00 AM

436 posts, read 578,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitynity View Post
is it true that only 2 person can live in a 1 bedroom apt? My hubby and I are moving to dallas with our 15 month old son and one of the apt finder service provider told us that we have to get either 1 bedroom + den or a 2 bedroom apt according to texas law.We are moving from denver and planning to buy a house asap. So we are looking for short term lease(3-5 months) which even increases the rent. So we dont want to spent too much on the rent especially for a 2 bedroom apt which we could put towards our down payment. Inaddition our son sleeps with us. I dont see the point in getting a second room if no one uses it.
Even a 600-650 sq ft apt costs about $900 in rent for short term lease.do we have any options? should i look for some houses in CL instead for rent?
Nitynity you have come so far, you are a homeowner now! Congratulations on making Dallas your home 5 years ago and making it work for you and your family.

Old 07-08-2018, 12:31 PM

307 posts, read 531,645 times
While growing up families had 6, 8 kids and most homes were three bedroom. Michael Ervin was number 11 child and he did well in life. Government needs to get out of peoples bedrooms on all levels.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas