Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2013, 01:50 AM

30 posts, read 42,371 times

Advertisements

My family and I are more than likely relocating to the Frisco area in the next few months because of my husband's job. We have 4 young kids and we're looking for a fun, family oriented neighborhood. Are there any neighborhoods that decorate all out for Christmas and other holidays? We are looking to spend around $350,000-$400,000 on our house. We currently live in a great neighborhood and we would love to continue that for our kids once we move. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2013, 05:54 AM

39 posts, read 127,067 times
i live in frisco and i would recommend Greyhawk, Willow Bay, or my personal favorite Hunters Creek.

We are looking to move in the next 3-4 months and love the Hunters Creek neighborhood. The location is perfect, the schools are top notch, and the HOA there is a very tightly knit community. they have a hiking trail, lazy river/pool and basketball courts. they also do community trick or treating events, holiday parties, bake sales, etc.

i would google it if i were you. good luck

Old 11-04-2013, 12:45 AM

Thank you so much for the suggestions. I've been looking up homes in all 3 of those neighborhoods and they look really nice. I can't wait to come out and see them in person. Hunters Creek sounds just like what we're looking for!

Old 11-04-2013, 03:29 AM

4,207 posts, read 15,255,953 times
Hunters Creek is one of the neighborhoods I would mention. However, I must disagree about Willow Bay, it's a nice neighborhood, but as far as kids playing outside, or festive activities, it's pretty dead. There is a big deal of people that don't celebrate Christian holidays so you won't see the decorations etc.

The Trails is one awesome neighborhood as far as decorations. Lots of outside activities, an active HOA and neighborhoods get together.

Naima

Old 11-04-2013, 07:09 PM

1,341 posts, read 4,907,179 times
Hunters Creek and Turnbridge manor. They are connected developments. Very active...hunters has three pools and Turnbridge manor has one..but its got a beautiful fountain in front of the pool and in front of the school, a catch and release pond. people are jogging on the trails, walking in the morning and evening. We did look at willow bay/panthers creek...just wasn't for us...we want to be close to the 121 so we could learn about the neighboring towns while we rented, and keep the kids in exemplary schools.

Old 11-06-2013, 07:20 PM

127 posts, read 318,148 times
We're in Heather Ridge Estates and love it. Very outgoing, friendly neighborhood with several organized events throughout the year. We've been here two years and couldn't be more pleased.

Old 11-15-2013, 01:49 PM

Thanks for all of the suggestions. My husband and I actually flew out to Frisco this past weekend to check things out and your suggestions were super helpful. I definitely noticed a LOT of kids and those cute signs in front of the homes (the ones with the kids' names on them and their sport or school) in Hunters Creek. I can't wait for him to get transferred so we can start seriously looking.

Old 11-15-2013, 03:02 PM

5,264 posts, read 6,404,424 times
If you really looking for festive-type living (as in the entire neighborhood decorates for holidays) you should check Deerfield in Plano. It's one of the top neighborhoods in the DFW area for Christmas decorating at the neighborhood-level.

It's not in Frisco, but it's not that far away either.

Of course, tons of individual homes in Frisco decorate, but I'm not aware of any neighborhoods in Frisco like Deerfield.

Even if you choose against living there, you will probably have to make a trip there every year to appease the little kiddos with carriage rides and whatnot.

HOA link with the Christmas info.
http://www.deerfieldplano.org/Holida...250326~616.htm

Old 11-15-2013, 05:55 PM

Thanks for the suggestion. We're not opposed to living in Plano at all so we'll check it out. We want to spend around $400,000-$500,000 so hopefully there will be something there in our range.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:17 PM

718 posts, read 1,389,505 times
Hunters Creek is really a very good neighborhood , I don't even live there but I would recommend it. I know plenty of people that I live there for several years and are very happy. It is also a very driven community , we do a marching band marathon there every year and people are readily in the street every time , people are also very generous , most of them don't even have kids in the school. It is very pleasant ( great bike trail) and very well maintained .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: