Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2013, 02:53 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,088,213 times

Advertisements

I had done some research regarding this hospital on this forum and the web, and just wanted to share our experience for someone else who might be searching for info on this hospital, as I had a hard time finding specific info.

My wife gave birth there yesterday, and we've had a very good experience with just about everything. We signed up for their child birth/pregnancy classes months ago (all for free, except for a small fee for the infant CPR class) and were glad we attended. Took the hospital tour, etc.

The delivery room was nice and functional, had a recliner that you could sleep on, as well as a couch, that was a bit less comfortable. The labor and delivery staff were very good for the most part, occasionally they were a bit slow in responding to things, but they also happened to deliver a LOT of babies yesterday, so I'm sure that was part of it.

Once my wife delivered, we transferred to their small suite for the duration of her stay. They're on a first come/first serve basis, so you'll need to sign up for one when you are admitted if you want one. We felt the cost was extremely reasonable considering all the extra room you have, plus two bathrooms, one with a large shower and bidet, which the standard rooms just can't compete with. You also get your meals included in the price, and the menu is pretty impressive. Kinda feels like a hotel room with room service, really. If you expect to have lots of guests/family coming, then a suite is the way to go.

All in all, we are really pleased with the service and attentiveness here so far. If we have another child, I see no reason why we would change anything.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2013, 03:32 PM

509 posts, read 1,261,759 times
We too had a great experience there when I gave birth to our twins. We had one of other kids at Medical City of Dallas and Medical Ctr. of Plano was much, much better!
We have also used their emergency room several times and I am always pretty pleased at how quickly we are admitted. We live near other hospitals but our experience with Medical ctr. of Plano has been so positive that I do not want to try other hospitals.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:15 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
Congratulations on the birth of your child. Hope that mother and baby are doing fine. Blessings on you all.

As to Medical Center of Plano, both of my children were born there and hubby was there for a week when he had pneumonia. Great hospital.

Old 11-15-2013, 05:44 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MckinneyOwnr View Post
My wife gave birth there yesterday...
Congratulations!!! Sounds like mother and baby, and dad (yes, you count too), are all doing well.

Grab a wink of sleep whenever and wherever you can...except when driving!

Old 11-15-2013, 06:14 PM

6,848 posts, read 11,797,799 times
Quote:
... My wife gave birth there yesterday, and we've had a very good experience with just about everything.

How wonderful, MckinneyOwnr, thanks for sharing!

Great post with such good info that will be helpful to many, I'm sure.

Best wishes go out to you, your wife and your new bundle of joy!

Old 11-15-2013, 07:08 PM

19,769 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
I had done some research regarding this hospital on this forum and the web, and just wanted to share our experience for someone else who might be searching for info on this hospital, as I had a hard time finding specific info.

My wife gave birth there yesterday, and we've had a very good experience with just about everything. We signed up for their child birth/pregnancy classes months ago (all for free, except for a small fee for the infant CPR class) and were glad we attended. Took the hospital tour, etc.

The delivery room was nice and functional, had a recliner that you could sleep on, as well as a couch, that was a bit less comfortable. The labor and delivery staff were very good for the most part, occasionally they were a bit slow in responding to things, but they also happened to deliver a LOT of babies yesterday, so I'm sure that was part of it.

Once my wife delivered, we transferred to their small suite for the duration of her stay. They're on a first come/first serve basis, so you'll need to sign up for one when you are admitted if you want one. We felt the cost was extremely reasonable considering all the extra room you have, plus two bathrooms, one with a large shower and bidet, which the standard rooms just can't compete with. You also get your meals included in the price, and the menu is pretty impressive. Kinda feels like a hotel room with room service, really. If you expect to have lots of guests/family coming, then a suite is the way to go.

All in all, we are really pleased with the service and attentiveness here so far. If we have another child, I see no reason why we would change anything.
1. A hearty congratulations to you and your growing family.

2. Both of our children were born at MCoP and our recollections of the hospital and our experience mirrors yours.

Last edited by EDS_; 11-15-2013 at 07:17 PM..

Old 11-15-2013, 07:40 PM

6,125 posts, read 7,471,004 times
Sure hoping the baby looks like mother!

Old 11-15-2013, 08:28 PM

794 posts, read 1,670,046 times
Congratulations!!! Medical Center of Plano, Children's Medical Center of Plano and Texas Presbyterian at Plano sure are reputable institutes. By the way Baylor Plano is fantastic as well and getting recognized for it.

New hope offered to patients with severe aortic stenosis

Baylor Plano Receives Federal Baldrige Award, The First Texas Hospital Ever to Win « D Healthcare Daily

Old 11-16-2013, 12:19 PM

287 posts, read 517,042 times
Question: If you have a need for surgery or need to go to an ER, would you go to Med Center of Plano or Texas Presby in Plano? I just realized I really don't have a plan of attack should something happen, as we just moved to Plano recently. Also, if your child needs surgery or an ER, would you go to Children's Med Center? I don't think there is a Baylor hospital in Plano, is there? Just a heart center, correct?
Thanks.

Old 11-16-2013, 01:42 PM

2,353 posts, read 3,860,168 times
Medical Center of Plano is a Level 2 trauma center. 427 beds, acute-care center.
Texas Health Presbyterian is a Level 3 trauma center. 366 beds.
I choose Medical Center of Plano.

If non-emergency, I would choose Children's for my daughter. Emergency? Wherever is closer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: