Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 08:02 AM

222 posts, read 604,069 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any info or opinions on Travis Ranch in Forney? I've been doing some reading about Forney being a growing area and that it's being modeled somewhat by the development of Frisco. Looks like a home prices are great and it really isn't that far from Dallas. Are they still on track with the development plans that they have been talking about for the city? Just wondering if anyone has moved out there recently and can shed some light. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2013, 07:03 AM

4 posts, read 14,995 times
My wife and I just moved in at Devonshire. Travis Ranch seems to be a nice area. its location makes it easy to get to Rockwall "where for now is one of the places to go for shopping". Forney is growing rapidly. Right now there is road construction everywhere you go. There is a Kroger "Marketplace" store opening in January that is supposed to be the largest one in the metro area. When the Gateway Bridge project is finished, there is a proposed large shopping area/mall? that will be on the east side of the city. I am able to get in and out North Dallas fairly easy every day. We like Forney and have met nice people here.

Old 12-07-2013, 08:00 AM

Thanks for the response and for the info. Is it true that they are modeling the development of Forney after Frisco? I actually went out and drive the Travis Ranch area and also Devonshire. The Travis Ranch community does seem nice; however, it's still kind of off the beaten path. From there, would you go to Rockwall for gas and groceries? In the Devonshire area,the homes and layout were very nice, but the homes seemed to all look the same, like same brick color, etc. I did drive through pretty quickly so maybe I missed something. I do like that part of. Forney though, as it's closer to development (stores, gas, bank, etc). What made you guys decide on that community?

Old 12-09-2013, 06:39 PM

I have not heard anything about being modeled after Frisco, but it seems like the EDC has some big goals so that may be true to some extent. We have a good bit of shopping here in Forney. The things we don't have are big appliance stores, department stores, mall type stores. Rockwall has some of those. We like Devonshire because it is a nice quiet area, and we feel it will be a nice place for a good while. It is easy for my wife and I to get to our jobs "opposite directions from each other". We think TR looked nice, but getting to our places of employment would be more difficult from that area,

Old 12-10-2013, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JETech View Post
I have not heard anything about being modeled after Frisco, but it seems like the EDC has some big goals so that may be true to some extent. We have a good bit of shopping here in Forney. The things we don't have are big appliance stores, department stores, mall type stores. Rockwall has some of those. We like Devonshire because it is a nice quiet area, and we feel it will be a nice place for a good while. It is easy for my wife and I to get to our jobs "opposite directions from each other". We think TR looked nice, but getting to our places of employment would be more difficult from that area,
Thanks for the reply. I actually went back out to Forney and checked out Devonshire again. Today, Devonshire looked MUCH more impressive. I actually really liked it. I must have come in on a side street or something when I went last time, because it wasn't the same as what I remembered seeing before. Yes in some parts there were homes that looked alike, but most of the community did not look like that. Also, I think I was tired when I drove out there the last time, so maybe I was just ready to go and didn't give it a chance. Glad I went back out and drove around some more. Yes, I see what you say about Travis ranch being further from the freeway. I like that 548 is one of the "main" streets where you can get to everything. How is the traffic on that street? I would imagine it probably gets pretty congested since so much is there. Thanks!

Old 12-11-2013, 08:21 AM

34 posts, read 90,936 times
I also live in Devonshire as well, hello neighbor (Jetech). Traffic on 548 is not really an issue at all to be honest. TxDot & the city of Forney just renovated the intersection of 548 & 80, it was extremely congested before. Highway 80 heading westbound does get a little congested weekday mornings, but compared to other highways its not bad. One good thing about living east of where you work is the sun is always at your back when driving, just a little bonus to think about.

Old 12-12-2013, 01:16 PM

Hello to you too Brywood. I'm glad to be part of the neighborhood. There are a few traffic issues just north of the 548/80 intersection, but I beleive there are supposed to me some revisions to 548 in the near future to ease that. As I said before, it appears we are growing rapidly and Forney, the county, and the state seem to be working very hard to beef up the roadways to meet the demand.

Old 12-16-2013, 07:57 PM

although it is a 2008 article, this will be great if we are headed in this direction. http://terrelltexasedc.com/pdf/growth-ad.pdf

Old 08-18-2014, 12:47 AM

6 posts, read 12,678 times
Any updated info on Forney? How expensive is wáter, trash pickup? Does Forney have rollig hills and trees ? Wife and I will be buying late this fall and are considering FORNEY, ROCKWALL, ROYCE CITY and way over to the NW in CORINTH (Denton County). Our Price range will be the 170´s.

THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR THOUGHTS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas