U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2006, 04:06 PM

614 posts, read 2,305,875 times

Advertisements

pictures of my hometown that I have taken.....

Millenium Fountain in downtown Irving

Veteran's Park - downtown

Centennial Park.. Irving is now 102 years old (I think)

Main Library

Palm trees in Las Colinas

Exxon Mobil Headquarters

Random shopping center

Monorail that runs through the business district

Omni Mandalay Hotel

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3188/hpim25971medium8ar.jpg (broken link)

the las colinas business district from the hwy 114 and O'Connor intersection

Irving skyline
http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/995/hpim26021medium6or.jpg (broken link)

mansions up on the hills

The Four Seasons

Irving's newest high school is on the right.. impressive inside

nice mix of area homes...
http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/8391/hpim26131medium4jh.jpg (broken link)

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/1671/hpim26141medium4ar.jpg (broken link)

http://img95.imageshack.us/img95/3557/hpim26151medium6da.jpg (broken link)

http://img474.imageshack.us/img474/9655/hpim26181medium3lv.jpg (broken link)

That's it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2006, 04:13 PM

14,874 posts, read 36,242,086 times
WOW!!! I have not been to the downtown area of Irving in awhile. It sure has changed. New parks and nice main library. What happened to Plymouth Park area? We used to go over there all the time. There was a Sanger-Harris there (no mall, just the store). Irving Mall was the only mall we could drag my dad to as it was only a 1 story.

I loved the monorail in Las Colinas. That and the canal made for great cheap (read = free) entertainment when we were in college.

That new high school must of had the same architects that designed our school districts Special Events Center. Way too similiar to not.

Old 10-19-2006, 04:16 PM

1,560 posts, read 6,455,866 times
Quote:
Millenium Fountain in downtown Irving
Hey, I didn't see a space ship there....

Old 10-19-2006, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by momof2dfw View Post
WOW!!! I have not been to the downtown area of Irving in awhile. It sure has changed. New parks and nice main library. What happened to Plymouth Park area? We used to go over there all the time. There was a Sanger-Harris there (no mall, just the store). Irving Mall was the only mall we could drag my dad to as it was only a 1 story.

I loved the monorail in Las Colinas. That and the canal made for great cheap (read = free) entertainment when we were in college.

That new high school must of had the same architects that designed our school districts Special Events Center. Way too similiar to not.
Downtown Irving has cleaned up its act and there's more to come in the next few years. It will resemble Downtown Plano because there is a train stop there and there is interest in revitalizing the area. The Plymouth Park area is mostly dead now. The Montgomery Ward's was the last one to go a few years ago and now everything seems to be vacant. Irving Mall is also hurting and most Irvingites I know refuse to go there. Retail will make a comeback in the city in a few years when Texas Stadium gets torn down and new stores and what not get built there.

The monorail is still operating but they shut it down at 3 in the afternoon on weekdays. The canal area is also dead and I rarely see the gondolas out anymore.

Old 10-19-2006, 07:15 PM

1,379 posts, read 5,811,738 times
Wow..very cool...Thanks for the pictures!!

Old 10-23-2006, 01:39 PM

46 posts, read 177,286 times
Great pictures. Where is Irving ? How far from Arlington, Dallas? I Love that all of you are showing pics of the different areas of Texas. I would have loved to go to the Stockyard in Ft Worth? While I was visiting this past weekend.

Old 10-23-2006, 06:45 PM

Irving is northwest of Dallas... right next to the airport and about 15-20 minutes away from Arlington. You should definitely visit the stockyards the next time you're in town... it's what most expect Texas to look like lol

Old 10-25-2006, 06:01 AM

46 posts, read 177,286 times
Good moring Tex, LOL yeah I quess us northnern folk like myself have a faint picture of what Texas will look like. Now I quess I`m considered to be a southern since I live in Florida Now . Again those pics were beautiful. I really liked the homes. They are different from those I looked at in Mansfield over the weekend. I think I would like a community like that. I had a hard time with the fences. The home are beautiful there but, the fences around them take away from the beauty. I also noticed a pic with a palm tree? Is that unusual for Texas? I`m looking forward to maybe a return to Texas in the near future. I also enjoy the posts and the pics everyone send for us newbies Take care. Terri

Old 10-25-2006, 08:39 AM

1,560 posts, read 6,455,866 times
Florida's a weird state, it's part redneck South, part 'lil Havana', part New England, part Hollywoodesque. Depending on which part you live in, you may or may not qualify as Southern. Of course there is the whole testing process and giving up your Northern Citizenship....

Old 10-25-2006, 01:36 PM

Terri- I've been to Mansfield a few times and while I think it's nice I think it's a little bland. I like neighborhoods with different housing styles, and with wooded lots. Palm trees are all over DFW now that the weather is warmer... many backyards around town have palm trees surrounding their pools. You should check out the La Villita Community if you like the Mediterranean look. just visit lavillitalife . com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2016 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or