Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-28-2007, 09:45 PM

546 posts, read 1,818,796 times

Advertisements

Hi--can anyone recommend a good pediatrican in McKinney? Our very active boys are age 2 (aka the climber) and 3 (loves danger) so we do tend to spend a lot of time at the pediatrician's office.

Also--does anyone know of a good preschool program (maybe 2-3 AMs per week) that is also affordable?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-29-2007, 08:41 AM

583 posts, read 2,634,126 times
Dr Sutton (female) is very sweet. She takes a long time with you so you never seemed rushed. She is with Pediatric Healthcare which is on Eldorado.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:07 PM

1,067 posts, read 5,655,098 times
I live in Mckinney and have 2 children.

I disagree with scyogi over Dr. Sutton.. I have used Dr. Sutton and we weren't happy there.

We are at All About Children's Pediatrics where we have been for a few years. We see everyone there and love it. They just opened their new clinic. Haven't been inside yet but it looks great on the outside. It is located on El Dorado past Craig Drive on the right when driving west. The doctors there are Dr. Burton, Dr. Hooker and Dr. Smith. Everyone there at All About Children Pediatrics has treated us well. They have been very professional . The only other practice I can recommend but only because it has been world of mouth by several people I know is Stonebridge Pediatrics with Dr. Alvis... I have heard fantastic things about him all around.

For Pre Schools

Wesely United Methodist Preschool, my son was there and they treated my son well and he learned so much. They offer MWF and TT classes and a Kinder Ready which goes 5 days. The Kinder Ready is great , I know the teacher there and the class itself is in the newer area with desks, lots of space. They are really learning to read in there. The tution too is not costly like many other places.

North Texas Christian Academy preschool which is TT and Kinder ready 3 or 5 days a week. The teachers are great and they are extremely loving and very dedicated to teaching the children. They truly see each child as a pearl (bibical) and care for each so well...

Crossing Point Christian at First Christian in town is supposed to be very excellent too . There is a waiting list there... lots of happy parents I have met through the years whose kids attend there.

If you have any questions concerning a certain pre school that I haven't mentioned, your more than welcome to email me and I will find out about it. I have friends who have their kids at several around and I can ask ...

Best wishes!

Last edited by stargazer; 11-29-2007 at 04:16 PM..

Old 01-24-2009, 11:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,839 times
As long as you do not take your children to see Dr. Alvis, you should be fine. This physician should not even practice medicine...Good Luck!!! My story is to long to share but trust me as a mother.

Old 01-26-2009, 01:14 PM

5,872 posts, read 8,094,294 times
We just moved to the area and also use PHA on eldorado. We see Dr. Kessinger and so far the kids love him. I found their office and staff to be friendly and listened well. The kids liked the nurses and the office was easy to find.

A big rec.!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: