Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2014, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,179 times

Advertisements

Good Afternoon everyone,

My name is Eric , and I am a proud Texan and United States Army veteran. I am proud to say that I have served our country in times of need, and proud to say that I have defended the freedoms we hold so dearly; but it has come to my attention that my country has stabbed me in the back. Before I had signed the dotted line stating that I had become a soldier my recruiter had told me that my driving record was fine. He claimed there were no complications to worry about, and that everything was all set up. I had achieved acceptance in obtaining a top secret security clearance by passing every investigation under my name. I had started my Army career in 2008 and as of 2012 I have finished my four year term. As it turns out, due to one accidental violation, the officer claimed my license had been suspended since 2008. I had not received any warning, no letter, or even an email regarding any tickets or surcharges. I am now left with $300 worth of surcharges by the State of Texas, and now my license is suspended. In order to reinstate my license it is another $100.00. I had called the Department of Public Safety and had explained myself to them, but they claimed there was nothing they could do. I feel completely wronged for being lied to by my recruiter, and I am hurt that even as a veteran I am mistreated and given no sympathy. I am inquiring if there is any way possible to get the surcharges eliminated because of the negligence of the non-commissioned officer, and the failure of the state to inform me of these payments.

Sincerely,

TexasVeteran

Old 02-01-2014, 02:02 PM

6,255 posts, read 17,097,598 times
You feel like your country has stabbed you in the back because of surcharges relating to a violation you never took care of?

I can understand why you're not getting any sympathy.

Old 02-01-2014, 02:27 PM

2,003 posts, read 2,880,361 times
You believed the recruiter? That's a good one. They're just there to make quota.

Your tickets are your responsibility, period. Just like your taxes or your election ballot, never entrust your driving record to someone else.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:44 PM

149 posts, read 306,897 times
Why would you post this here? If you want change, talk to your legislators - perhaps in the next legislative session they might amend Texas traffic laws in a manner that might be more to your liking. FWIW, I'm glad there are veterans like you who have served in dangerous environments on our behalf; that said, the status of veteran does not grant immunity from the laws of our country, state or localities. The US Army's core values includes Integrity - ie do what’s right, legally and morally. You haven't done that; but you can make things right by paying the fines and surcharges and moving forward. Yes, it sucks, but it will suck less than spending time and energy you'll spend challenging the law and asking to be let off the hook.

Old 02-01-2014, 08:58 PM

2,414 posts, read 3,486,572 times
Moderator note: This thread is closed.

TOS remider: All posts unrelated to local matters will be deleted or moved. Threads dealing with controversial topics that often degenerate into flame wars, such as politics or religion, may be moved, closed, or deleted by moderators at their discretion without any warning to the participants.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Dallas
View detailed profiles of: